PDA

View Full Version : AFI Course and Emergency Drills

syed
13th Sep 2002, 11:01
I would appreciate if anyone knows a good and reasonable flying clubs for AFI course in uk, also if anyone could pass me usefull notes on AFI course.
I am also looking for the names or telepnone numbers of establishments run courses on First Aid, Emergency WEt Drills and Fire Drills.

MJR
13th Sep 2002, 11:32
Try Aeros Gloucester 01452 857419 for the FIC dont know regarding the others courses.

http://www.aeros.co.uk

AMEX
13th Sep 2002, 12:01
Syed

I think for the drills you should talk to the small charter operators such as AirMed at Oxford. They might be able to fit you in one of theirs (not regularly ran mind you. Just when they need to). Because they haven't got much to get out of it (not a business), I would say you would stand better chances if you go to the office rather than over the phone.
If you meet the boss and get on well, I have little doubt about an inclination to help you (not just talking about airmed).

For the Fire course, I think it cost about £50 if you talk to Gloucester Airport Fire Crew (Ask for Ron)

expedite_climb
13th Sep 2002, 12:46
Just out of interest - why do you need the emergancy drills courses ??? Any employer that requires them should provide them.

(Not reqd for instructing).

AMEX
13th Sep 2002, 13:14
Expedite_climb
Actually that's a good question. This is such a cheap course, it cost nothing to the company as it is usually all in house (excluding the swimming pool of course;))

davere van leatherboot
13th Sep 2002, 17:19
I wouldn't spend any money to do any of these courses.Any reputable company will put you through the courses. I can't stress enough that you are getting conned.

DON'T PAY TO GET A JOB..THATS NOT THE WAY IT WORKS.