PDA

View Full Version : JAA licenced schools

Geordie
26th Jan 2001, 03:03
Hello All,
Sorry to go over familiar ground here but like many others I am about to begin a PPL course and quite like the idea of a 4 week 'break' in the States flying. I have 1 or 2 schools in mind, namely UK Flight Training and Anglo America Aviation, both in California. Has anyone got any past experience / good / bad stories regarding the above / others ?
After some searching I haven't as yet found a web page / address where I will be able to find which US training organisations are approved for JAA licence training. I remember reading on a previous posting that such information exists - can anyone remind me?

Regards

rolling circle
26th Jan 2001, 05:00
http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_ApprovedFTOs.pdf

But it won't give you PPL schools yet since none have, or need to be, approved.

herniair
26th Jan 2001, 05:10
You may be correct but, unless anyone has some serious equipment, it was unkind to induce them into wasting half a day or blowing up their PC in an attempt to download half of the CAA database.

rolling circle
26th Jan 2001, 14:15
herniair - what planet are you on? It's a 91kB .pdf file. It's just taken 34 seconds from clicking the hyperlink to having the document on screen.

Next time, check your facts before posting such drivel.

herniair
26th Jan 2001, 21:00
I didn't say you are wrong but your postings suggest that you are a boastful bigot.
Anyway, I don't care about the size of your processor- 'cos my willy's bigger than yours.

TAF Oscar
27th Jan 2001, 00:33
Watch out, watch out, there's a henri about, as mature as ever.

Geordie: if you would like (first hand) info on a Florida JAA school drop me an email.

TAFO

rolling circle
27th Jan 2001, 02:01
Well done herniair, old chap, a well reasoned and mature response which is guaranteed to impress. Unfortunately you have missed the essential point which is that, for a career in aviation, you need to impress favourably. An easy mistake to make when one has such clearly limited intelligence.

So, to get back to the original question, the list of approved schools is published by the CAA and freely available to anyone with an IQ of more than 10 (who is not a great pr1ck).

Geordie
28th Jan 2001, 00:25
Cheers everybody for the ideas / comments and general banter ?! I think my IQ is higher than 10 and I've got a big willy too, so should manage, thanks again.