PDA

View Full Version : CAA in GLA and B&B please help...

TRANQUILLO
29th Dec 2001, 00:39
Hi guys I am thinking to take the ATPLs in GLA as it will be easyer for me to get there but I don't know where it is ,I know I can pick up the phone and ring ,but I need advise for a B&B close to it as I will not have a car with me .

Does anyone know where the exams take place and if there are B&Bs within walking distance?

Thank you for your time

PI

mad_jock
29th Dec 2001, 05:02
its dead easy in GLA

The Nautical college will give you B&B for 13 quid a night. This includes parking and its a 4 min walk to the center.

How to get there is also easy head for the clyde then its right next to the central mosque.

The notes from caa are good for directions.

MJ

TRANQUILLO
29th Dec 2001, 20:34
Mad J,

Thank you very much for the information,

Cheers

PI

mad_jock
29th Dec 2001, 21:45
A word of warning about the local area around the Nautical College. Its pretty ruff area (The Gorbals) so don't walk south away from the river, you will be in bandit country before you know it.

And as i have difficulty understanding the natives a non native english speaker will have no chance.

The plus side is that there is a new leasure centre next to College with swimming pool etc.
And if you are looking for a decent pub if you go over the bridge next to the mosque on the left, the Scotia bar serves a good pint.

MJ

TRANQUILLO
30th Dec 2001, 18:38
Mad Jock,

Roger and wilco!

Cheers

PI