PDA

View Full Version : New Airline for Central NSW

pickle sandwich
12th Sep 2002, 14:31
Heard from a reliable source that RPT----SYDNEY---Cowra-West Wyalong-Forbes-Temora-and a Lake Cargelligo/Condobolin link have been applied for.
A chief pilot has been appointed. The company is currently operating in the area for the past 5 years under Charter. The plan is to operate 2 Caravans and a Let 410 (E-20).
Seemingly the company has secured alot of work in the region with mining and government etc......lets see what happens.

syd_rapac
13th Sep 2002, 00:12
Rumoured to be Maxair..................

kez
13th Sep 2002, 03:19
Good to hear that there'll be a regional for these areas!
:)

T53C
13th Sep 2002, 10:42
Have never heard of Maxair. How long have they been around? Or is it a typo for the QLD mob?

pickle sandwich
13th Sep 2002, 14:20
I don't know the name of the company at the moment. My mate at CASA Brissy office couldn't give the info away until next week.
Seemingly the Let 410 has been purchased 12months ago, and the Cessna's have been secured. I'll keep interested PPRUNER's informed as the news trickles in.

JULIET WHISKEY
14th Sep 2002, 08:22
Is the 410 on the VH register???????

The old Country Connection is it?

Anyone have info on their 410 ,would certainly appreciate details.

Ta

Coastal
16th Sep 2002, 07:11
Any further news Pickle?

Coastal.

pickle sandwich
16th Sep 2002, 11:16
Confirmed all routes of previous Country Connection airlines routes with addition of Temora, Condobolin, Lake Cargelligo.
About the Let 410 I have no idea about VH registration at this stage.
Sorry, I don't have any other info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nasa
17th Sep 2002, 06:42
LET 410 :confused: :confused: .....You sure 'bout that :confused: :confused:

pickle sandwich
17th Sep 2002, 13:03
Thanks NASA,,,,,yes confirmed LET 410 E-10 or 20 variant. (I think it was the E-20), 18 seats..

Sorry can't help with any more info,,,,,,,,

nasa
18th Sep 2002, 01:07
I stand to be corrected here, but the LET410, to the best of my knowledge, has not & cannot be certificated here in Australia, and the same applies in the US.

Different variants notwithstanding, I thought only the LET420 could get the nod for use, and hence me old buddy Tibor up here flying his 410 on the 9L rego.

DomeAir
18th Sep 2002, 01:50
I might also need correcting but I thought I saw a Metro at YSBK last Thu with "Maxair" on the side (clean and new looking). What stood out was the Swedish reg (not that I can remember it!).

skyfox
20th Sep 2002, 08:11
There has definately been a metro at BK with Maxair on the side for about 3 weeks now. Parked outside Av Centre. Very new looking paint work with foriegn rego. I believe inside is configured in some sort of executive setup.

Anybody confirm?

apacau
5th Oct 2002, 07:13
Any more on this???

Who is the company doing this? Is the LET 410 confirmed?

wilburworm
5th Oct 2002, 21:35
The Metro at the Av Centre was just brought by them and is going to be used for charter.

OzFlight.net
6th Oct 2002, 00:37
According to our aircraft type search (http://www.ozflight.com.au) there are currently no LET's registered in Australia.

CASA has issued a Aircraft Type Certificiate for the LET 420 however not for the 410. I beleive that NASA is correct that there have been difficulties getting the 410 certified in Australia and in the US and as a result operations in both countries are conducted of foreign registrations. There is one 410 in the country operating up north doing parachuting I think it is.

Photo (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/268185/L/) of the MaxAir Metro at Bankstown in question, by Craig Murray. Registration is SE-IKZ. Aircraft previously operated by Flying Enterprise in Sweden.

JULIET WHISKEY
8th Oct 2002, 06:14
I though Homer was going broke????

Gee's I thought a few turbos could do with overhauling first????

Anyway good on him.......

pickle sandwich
8th Oct 2002, 10:58
As I understand it, the Let 420 is the newest version of the 410 series. The variant of Let -410 (only the E-10) is Ok to fly in Australia, because it has now been accepted in Germany under there local Civil air transport organisation, again, I don't understnd the legality, but the bloke in Caloundra who operates a Let 410 for parachuting confirmed this.

The understanding is the company has secured the Let 410 over a year ago now, and one could only assume that it is still overseas being leased out before it arrives in Australia. The 2 cessna's grand caravans have been also secured.

I have since found out from a fellow "ppruner" that the company has ordered another Let 410, and will plan to operate the two 410's (with standard Walter powerplants), and the 2 Caravans.

The company is currently operating in charter at the moment but will have a name change on its new updated AOC, for RPT in Regional NSW.

Douglas Mcdonnell
9th Oct 2002, 08:28
Good to see a much neglected part of NSW getting a RPT service with decent equipment.