PDA

View Full Version : Ma#@us

silverknapper
28th Dec 2001, 18:10
Did anyone see the TV programme watchdog earlier on in the week. Apparently one of the articles was on a certain scheme promoting a CPL/IR for an entrance fee. May I state here that I did not see it but was told by someone in the same wannabe position as myself. Please do not all jump down my throat if this is incorrect, I just thought it was worth a mention for those of us who were close to submitting a cheque.

silverknapper
28th Dec 2001, 19:09
Apologies, it transpires it was the watchdog section in a scottish sunday paper. Trading standards apparently have investigated the whole set up and not given it a favourable review.

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th Dec 2001, 21:25
*IF* you can get the search function to work (try every other Tuesday on Months containing the letter J or N between the hours of 02:00 and 04:40) search for Wannabes forum threads with headers containing MALGUS and you will find a whole load of info.

Alternatively set your settings to view threads as far back as about the 1st week of October and you'll see the threads directly.

The scheme is cancelled for the moment but may return.

TraineePilot01
28th Dec 2001, 22:16
So, WWW, the Malgus scheme for February been cancelled is what you're saying?

Mister Geezer
29th Dec 2001, 00:01
So Flying Start and now Malgus have been scrubbed. Maybe the same director has taken ill!!!!

MG

Wee Weasley Welshman
29th Dec 2001, 00:02
I have no idea about the Feb plans of Malgus. I have no interest either.

Peter Skellan
29th Dec 2001, 00:16
Oh for Christ Sakes people wake up and smell the coffee.

This is a scheme whereby about 500 people pay to apply and 1 person gets sponsorship. Thats rubbish odds.

If you have any idea of how the real world works then you will realise that the one lucky winner will need more than natural ability.

Either the winner will be a mate of someones, someones son or a person willing to donate large sums of money in darkened pub car parks for a 'cheap' ATPL course.

Regardless of the entry requirements, selection process or aptitude testing.

And even is it were legit. Who the hell is going to be in the slightest bit impressed that you were a Malgus selected and sponsored student? Nobody.

Its a get rich quick scheme. Its like a Pyramid. Its like Time Share. EXCEPT it appeals to YOU instead of the plebs that get suckered into the above.

Stand back.

Be objective.

And know in your heart that there are no shortcuts in this industry.

Know it.

PS