PDA

View Full Version : A321 Stop lines at Old AN Terminal SY

Ozgrade3
12th Sep 2002, 01:23
Something must be up, in the last few weeks at the old AN terminal at SY, freshly painted A320-A321 stop lines on all the bays. Also the terminal has been given a thorough scrub up, new asphalt, apron lights etc. I can't belive this is all for QF/REX.

Seems like something is happening behind the scenes.

JULIET WHISKEY
12th Sep 2002, 01:26
Well well OG3

Marshalling should be done with the eyes at the Pilot......

Ramboflyer
12th Sep 2002, 02:20
IF its for VB and A320s lets blackban them, no more paying for endorsements .
I strongly believe it is for SQ , who are doing such a good job of hiding there new Airline.
In Touluse at the moment there is a few A320s coming off the line all white , but normally the tails of the airline are already painted so who are these for , only time will tell.
Looks like QF screwed up my life by letting me pass there tests and gauranteeing me a permanent S/O position.
Well ill have to build a kit plane now to get a command !
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mr Maverick
12th Sep 2002, 02:36
Pitty you can't spell Rambo. Surprises me QF would look at non spellers.:cool:

topend3
12th Sep 2002, 06:22
welll,,if that is true it is very interesting, as the new lines would or could only be for a new entrant, i wouldn't think it would be for virgin, they are yet to announce their fleet order, maybe sq has been doing some changes around the place hoping nobody will notice.

Tankengine
12th Sep 2002, 06:25
You don't have to accept Ramboflyer!;)

waterops
12th Sep 2002, 07:22
Mr Maverick , pittty you can't spell, either.

Juliet Whiskey, would you please explain just what the heck you are on about? On the other hand, if you were p!ssed when you wrote that, fine, just ignore.

digi2
12th Sep 2002, 07:42
Me think bottle of red may be the answer to the question

Cessna Capt
12th Sep 2002, 08:47
When SQ comes in, they might operate under Silk Air, its regional wing. Silk Air Operates an all Airbus fleet:
5x A320-200
4x A319-100
so it might also operate an all airbus fleet down here, which might explain the stop lines at SY.:eek:

crocodile redundee
12th Sep 2002, 09:46
Also the 4 closest bays have had Concorde stop lines painted too. I believe a Syd/Coffs/Bne 3 times a day Concorde service is planned.

VH-AJC
12th Sep 2002, 10:20
What? So you mean the plans to stop via Ballina and Cooly have been shelved??? :D

Raider1
13th Sep 2002, 01:20
Thanks for the great laugh Crocodile:)

JULIET WHISKEY
13th Sep 2002, 07:03
Waterops...

Only something that OG3 knows about:)

Enuf Said....

waterops
13th Sep 2002, 15:23
I see........ fair enough.

rescue 1
14th Sep 2002, 06:32
I recall seeing some A330 lines painted at the Melbourne AN terminal before the collapse - I don't think it means all that much [though I live in hope].

SydGirl
14th Sep 2002, 06:40
Too funny crocodile! I've been giggling for the last five minutes after reading your new Concorde schedule.

Perhaps they can consider putting the Concorde on the Syd-Cbr runs? That way the businessmen can arrive in Cbr before they've even left Syd.

Funny enough, they'd probably still expect a full hot meal, complimentary wine, tea and coffee, and a good perve.

SG
:)

topend3
15th Sep 2002, 02:47
yes i have heard the concorde rumour before but i think you guys should check your source on that one....

willadvise
15th Sep 2002, 10:47
With so many rumours coming about from stop lines painted on tarmac do you think it is the maintaince guys idea of a joke after a few beers on Fri afternoon to go out on paint some stop lines. "This will really set the rumour mill working"

:D :D :D

Jotul
16th Sep 2002, 09:35
The beers on friday rumour sounds believable but there is also word on the street in corporate circles that suggest otherwise.
I only hope its all true.