PDA

View Full Version : I just got banned from the Jet Blast forum

A Civilian
11th Sep 2002, 22:21
I don't think ive even joined a new forum and been banned from it all in the same day before :rolleyes:

LunchMonitor
11th Sep 2002, 22:39
Having read some of your posts I am not surprised.......

Sorry I Lied, Im surprised you havent been banned from this one.

Biggus
11th Sep 2002, 22:40
And your point is?

After some of your comments on the "Iraq & the Arabs" thread I wonder how long it will be before you are banned from this forum. If that is the case I doubt you will be missed!

A Civilian
11th Sep 2002, 22:47
"After some of your comments on the "Iraq & the Arabs" thread I wonder how long it will be before you are banned from this forum. If that is the case I doubt you will be missed!"

It depends if farefield has another go at my spelling.

Im starting to think your right. That maybe I should leave. Not 2 months back I was repeating a statement that id read on here. It was about how they had miniguns fitted to the RAF choppers they were using in afghanstan. And how these were american supplied as we didnt have any.

I go repeat this stuff on another forum and they all think im making this up pretending to be an RAF officer or something as there resident minigun expert says that the we already have them and ban me. This forum gives me bad lucky. I haven't been banned in years before that.

Jackonicko
12th Sep 2002, 00:07
Mellowed out by a beer or two, I'm giving you a chance, 'A Civilian'.

I'm not having a go, I'm just telling you how I think it is.

I don't think your spelling had anything to do with your ban (though your inability to accept criticism about it made you a target for even more teasing, and may have 'provoked you'). I think it was the contempt with which you referred to the UK armed forces and their personnel which led to your ban.

I think your unfounded accusation that (I'm para-phrasing here) the Forces were a career only for academic no-hopers and drop-outs was one factor, and especially your unfortunate remarks referring to the gene pool.

I would suggest that the bulk of Pruners on this forum are worth ten of you or I, and deserve posts to be well composed, carefully thought through, and not too insulting. Type slower then read through what you write, and I'm sure you'll attract less badinage. As an ex-UAS bod I am lucky enough to have been exposed to the verbal horseplay which these chaps call 'banter' - which can sometimes seem to be fairly rough to the outsider, but which is essentially good natured. You got some banter here, but responded with angry and rather bitter insult. Don't take it to heart so much, and learn from your mistake.

I don't want to see you banned, but if you are to stay, maybe playing by the rules as these chaps see them (Civvies like you and I are guests, after all) might be wise. A crumb of comfort is that those who post here are a great bunch, and will generally forgive and forget one's little faux pas!

I should perhaps drink beer more often......