PDA

View Full Version : VB International!

Denzil
11th Sep 2002, 21:40
Have VB applied for, or been granted approval to operate the SYD-HKG-SYD route?

If so, can the route be operated by another airline (eg Virgin Atlantic) on there behalf under some sort of codeshare agreement?

I believe AN previously operated the route 6 days a week and it would appear to suit both VB & VS to fill the void!

hmm...
12th Sep 2002, 07:35
Very soon it will happen...........;)

747-400 F/O
12th Sep 2002, 10:21
dream on!

Al E. Vator
12th Sep 2002, 13:17
A very arrogant statement there 747 F/O.
I well recall many Prune experts saying the same thing about Bransons' idea to start an airline called "Virgin Blue" in Australia. Should have heard all the smart-alec comments from the 747-400 F/O type experts.
I too suspect very soon it will happen.

Grivation
12th Sep 2002, 16:48
Sure you could wet lease Virgin Atlantic in and call it a Virgin Blue flight. Probably couldn't codeshare though because you would be in breach of the 3rd freedom right (and Mr Dixon would scream blue murder).

But why would you want to? I'm sure the cost structure at DJ is by far better than that at VS. Why not sling a couple of spare ships DJ's way for them to operate?

VS still has a couple of widebodies idle in the desert don't forget!

Denzil
12th Sep 2002, 20:52
Only spare aircraft are B742's, not the most cost effective aircraft for this route.

I guess the only other option is VS operating the flight in their own right LHR-HKG-SYD-HKG-LHR, wonder if its likely or if it would be profitable??