PDA

View Full Version : ETOPS Alternate

SuperRanger
11th Sep 2002, 02:20
gents,

could any of you help clarify the usability of these airports as ETOPs Alternate? YPTN, YPPD, YPLM & YBAS. do any of you use these airports as a Destination Alternate?

thanks...

SR

CI300
11th Sep 2002, 22:29
Have used all but yppd. But I cant think of any reason why, just never needed to use it.
On top of your basic reg rules for altns, you have your company minimum acceptabilty. So your likely to get many different answers.
But roughly for our operation:
ETOPS: (there are variations)....
-needs a let down procedure for the runway in use (vor/etc).
-some means of visual landing aid (papi/vasis).
-min of cat4 RFS, can be reduced to 0 ! at capts discretion. For duration of the ETOPS window or on 30mins recall.
-approach control and tower available for the duration of the ETOPS window or on 30mins recall.
Destination Altn:
as above but,
-min RFS determined by the aircraft cat.
-approach control required, but not tower (as long as PAL avail for night arrivals).
The other little traps are stairs (get people off), fuel, tug (or ability to turn under power). etc........
hope this helps. I can help if you have a more specific question.:cool:

SuperRanger
14th Sep 2002, 07:33
CI,

thanks. our ops are pretty much the same. actually i was more interested to know if the RFS & Controller facilities are avail esp. in the middle of the nite! from the jepps, places like YBAS needs like 2 hrs PNR...

SR