PDA

View Full Version : Migraine Question (CASA)

Bird Strike
10th Sep 2002, 11:05
A question to Australian aviators.

Has anyone managed to hold onto Class 1 or Class 2 (or have it reinstated) after having a neurologist diagnose migraine, and how did you go about it?

If you don't wish to answer here, you're welcome to e-mail me on [email protected].

Thanks for your help in anticipation.

papa whisky
13th Sep 2002, 05:55
There are numerous Australian med cert holders, from all classes, with migraine. Fitness for aeromedical certification really all depends on what form the migraine takes, and CASA considers all cases individually.

Your DAME should be able to advise you further, or you can find more info in CASA's DAME Handbook, available through its webpage - look under www.casa.gov.au, the aviation medicals, info for DAMEs, DAME Handbook, neurology.

Bird Strike
27th Sep 2002, 11:39
Thanks Papa Whisky.

I have had a look through the DAME Handbook but as you say, it says is that every case will be assessed individually and I am looking for someone's actual experience of going through the system with migraine, i.e. how severe / mild were the symptoms etc., and what did they have to do to prove that they are 'safe'?

Anyone care to disclose? As I said, e-mail replies are welcome to [email protected].