PDA

View Full Version : Pooleys CRP-5

Poontang Luva
10th Sep 2002, 08:33
Does anyone know where I can score one of these flight computers within Australia (preferably new).

I need this one specifically for the JAA ATPL's

Cheers :)

Charlie Foxtrot India
11th Sep 2002, 14:46
It's way the most accurate one around. I've had mine for years but it's not for sale, sorry!

You can order one from here

http://shop.pilotwarehouse.co.uk/dosearch

Good luck!

Tinstaafl
11th Sep 2002, 19:03
I recommend using a CR type. It's just as accurate as CRPs. In some Mach No. questions it also requires fewer steps.

I used a CR5 (the smallest & therefore least accurate) for IR & Oz, USA & UK ATPLs. There was never a CR related accuracy problem in any of these.

This held true for others who also used CR types.

I might add that within my UK ATPL class, all CR types provided a consistantly tighter spread of answers than did the CRP-5. Our answers fell in about the middle of the CRP-5 spread.

A CR type also has the advantage of being more portable & therefore easier to have available for use when you fly.

flyby_kiwi
12th Sep 2002, 07:54
Who remebers fronting up at the pilot supply shop as a student pilot and handing over bundles of cash for your new nav 'computer' expecting some fancy electronic piece equipment but instead getting a plastic wheel? :(

Poontang Luva
12th Sep 2002, 08:31
Thanks for all the responses ppl!! :)

I just passed my last Oz ATPL exam today and next week I get stuck into to JAA stuff.......... Am I a sucker for punishment or what?!?!?! :rolleyes:

I think I'll stick with the CR2 - its done the job for me so far (and for others over in Euroland it seems). If its not workin out I can fork out for a CRP-5 later.

Thanks again :D

Oh and flyby_kiwi I remember that day back in '97 CLEARLY! I remember thinkin WTF is this??? I asked for a computer dammit!