PDA

View Full Version : Flying Schools up north

skyfox
10th Sep 2002, 07:53
Was just wondering if anybody could advise me of the situation up north... I am a fresh flapper with new grade 3 FIR and am willing to travel.

Am off to melbourne next week to suss out the situation in vic... if no luck I would like to head up to NT or WA.

I am keen to instruct however it seems that nearly all instructing takes place on the east coast. With instrument rating i think i have a better chance than some.... please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have sent out numerous resumes and made plenty of calls to schools from Brisbane to Adelaide. So can anybody tell me what the instructing situation is like, if there is any at all in the Perth to Darwin stretch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Skyfox:cool: :D

drexel
10th Sep 2002, 12:57
Not much in the way of instructing jobs up north as i found out ,
so i got myself a charter job and taught myself how to fly it was fun :D

Tempo
10th Sep 2002, 13:07
In Darwin there is Darwin Flight Standards. Not sure if they need anyone but the CFI is Ian Drennan.

slice
11th Sep 2002, 07:32
DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T

You have been warned!:eek:

skyfox
11th Sep 2002, 08:11
DON'T DON'T

Is that speaking from experience..;)

I was also under the impression that the CFI as mentioned above was at Bruce Hartwig School at Parafield..:mad: Looks like I just sent my resume to the wrong CFI...

Any other suggestions anybody... How about the aero club in Darwin.

Broome or Kunna.... perhaps..??

SF

Wing Root
11th Sep 2002, 10:48
Slice...
Please E-Mail me, I am currently making some choices, and would be very interested in what you have to say.

Pharcarnell
12th Sep 2002, 05:53
Sorry to burst your bubble but DFS took over the remnants of the Darwin Aero club after it went to the wall.
They are now all there is in Darwin for almost everything learning to fly.

Mainframe
12th Sep 2002, 12:25
Skyfox
Slingair, Kununnurra, used to have a fixed flying school as well as being a big player in both scenic flights and charter

J0N0
14th Sep 2002, 13:32
Slingair no longer has a flying school. Having an insrtuctor rating probably won't make a big difference either way in getting a job with them unless you had a lot of experience(instructing) and M/E TNG approval wouldn't go astray either. :rolleyes: