PDA

View Full Version : Jerez on October the 7th

speed freek
10th Sep 2002, 01:33
Hey everyone,

I'm off to Jerez for the start of the October course. Does anybody know an easy (cheap as well) way to get there. In the summer I used Easyjet out of Gatwick, landed in Malaga and drove across. I cannot do that again!

Cheers,

Speedy.

speed freek
10th Sep 2002, 07:13
Hi,

I'd like to get in touch with anyone who's joining the 7th October class in Jerez

Cheers,

Speedy.

Flygirl77
10th Sep 2002, 10:18
Well, I'm just waiting for confirmation, but am planning to drive down. I havn't booked it all yet, but if anyone wants to split the cost, please let me know. I'm Bournemouth based so will probably go from Poole or Portsmouth.

(all a bit un-finalised I know, but wanted to see if anyone was interested in this first)

Cheers,
Flygirl77 (REPLY TO: [email protected] )

Flapless20
10th Sep 2002, 18:05
Hi,

Whats the age (if you dont mind me asking) of ya all doing the ATPL courses? I'm 19 and I'm seriously thinking of investing in one of these courses but then I think maybe i'll wait a few years and hope some sponserships open up.

FL20.

timzsta
10th Sep 2002, 19:32
Check Buzz from Stansted. Flights usually weekend only. Baggage allowance 20kg, 7kg hand.

speed freek
11th Sep 2002, 07:02
Hi,

Jerez said the age of the class was between 18 and 23, with me being the 18 year old.

Cheers,

Speed Freek

Grantman
11th Sep 2002, 11:50
hi,

Jerez told you that the class ranged from 18-23? Im also 18 but I thought that there would be more older people there.The October course is fully booked now so im going for the November 4th course.

Grantman

Flygirl77
11th Sep 2002, 14:49
Well, I start in October and am 25 tomorrow! :D

moggie
11th Sep 2002, 17:10
Try www.ba.com and get a quote for LGW to Seville (SVQ). They quoted me £75 plus tax each way last night.

Or www.mytravellite.com (the low cost arm of MyTravel - nee Airtours). They offer good prices from Birmingham to Malaga and you can get the bus from Malaga airport to the railway station and then train from Malaga to Seville and Seville to Jerez. www.renfe.es will give you Spanish train times and prices.

You will need a taxi from Jerez to the site at BAE as the train will not stop there - even though it passes 200 m from your accomodation!

No idea if our lot will pick you up from Jerez station - maybe a kind student will volunteer to take a rip down in the school minibus????? Over to you, folks.

Grantman
11th Sep 2002, 18:20
flygirl,

25 tmo? well happy bday for that... i guess i was wrong then..... u found any one to help u with a lift down there?

grantman

Shanks
11th Sep 2002, 18:26
And you're not going to be the oldest there either FG ;)

speed freek
12th Sep 2002, 04:16
Hey everyone,

I found that if we use Sleazy Jet out of Gatwick into Madrid, then we can use Iberia out of Madrid into Jerez. It work out to about 160 quid, but there is a 2 hour transit time. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in traveling with me to Jerez. I was thinking about leaving London on the 1st of October.

Cheers,

Amman.

Wee Weasley Welshman
12th Sep 2002, 10:20
Surely the easiest way is Buzz Stansted - Jerez direct?

Its easiet to do your airport commuting in this country than in Spain. Buzz will fly you to within 400m of your accomodation block for about £100.

Or else ask Mary Jo to put you all (on your course) in contact before you leave the UK. Then all get cheap seat to Malaga with whoever airline and then share the cost of a hire car 4 ways. Or an MPV 6 ways. Or a minibus 8 ways.

Be a good way to get to know your course mates...

Enjoy the course,

PFO
12th Sep 2002, 13:25
WWW said:

"Buzz will fly you to within 400m of your accomodation block for about £100"

How much is a taxi for the final leg??

LOL.......

Sorry

PFO

Wee Weasley Welshman
12th Sep 2002, 15:54
A minimum fare rule would apply on a journey of four hundred metres. Therefore the answer to your query is €3.00

I note though that Buzz are still only offering one flight a week (SAT) - not what you would call a massive schedule.

Seville (1hr) or Malaga (3hr) are the best alternatives and Faro is also possible (3hr) but you have a border crossing to make and I am not sure if thats hassle free.

Grivation
12th Sep 2002, 16:08
With all the doom and gloom in this industry with regard to recruitment it's surprising to see the number that are still embarking on intergrated courses.

I hope you guys/girls have thought this through!

D McQuire
12th Sep 2002, 16:53
Gosh Grivation I don´t think anyone thought of that. Maybe just one or two of the lads and lassies here already or about to arrive might just have weighed up those factors. So before this thread descends into yet another bloody pain in the arse "you´re all mad etc., etc...no jobs until 2030, blah, blah, boring old shyte blah", shall we return the the matter at hand? And that is getting to Jerez:

Yeep, I´d go with WWW and add in my experience Seville is probably the best alternative time wise as it´s only a one hour train journey from Seville plus it only costs about 4 quid for the train.

Malaga is also an option. Apparently it is now possible to drive Malaga to Jerez in 2 hours via that new motorway that is meant to kick off in Algercias (excuse spellin)

Grivation
12th Sep 2002, 20:39
Jeez.......and I didn't even state an opinion! :confused: It was just an observation.

zerouali
12th Sep 2002, 21:09
Iberia - LHR 11:35 05/10/02 - XRY

returns - XRY 10:15 21/12/02 - LHR

via Madrid - £195.70 all in. Various times of the day are available and I chose 21 Dec as I believe the school closes for ChristmaS. If you go one way it's £445 so buy a return and bin the ticket!

Buzz - STN 08:05 05/10/02 - XRY one way is £91.65 all in.

or

Return XRY 20:35 21/12/02 - STN is £143.30.

That's all I can find direct to Jerez.

Eggboy
13th Sep 2002, 17:27
Hi Everyone,

I too am off to Jerez for the October course so will see you all down there.

Speed Freek, I'm already booked on a flight out of LGW to SVQ on the 1st with BA (GB Airways) at 0730. Set me back a little under £150. Then I'm going to get the train from Santa Justa. You are more than welcome to join me.

I can't get your email so drop me a line if you're up for it.

moggie
13th Sep 2002, 20:54
Can't see the point in easyJet to Mad and Iberia to Xry, total GBP160 quid when BA will do LGW to Seville for GBP75 quid plus taxes and your train/taxy (with GBP 60 left for beer!).

www.ebookers.com will throw up loads of good priced options, too, as will www.flightline.es and www.thetravelshop.com (both Spanish based, English language) or www.cheapflights.co.uk

Happy surfing!

For car hire try www.allinclusive carhire.com or call Crown car hire 956268237 (they should have an english speaker).