PDA

View Full Version : BA rejects support group!

Great Scot
25th Jan 2001, 00:58
Having read of people's recent failures to get in with BA, i can sympathise fully (don't anyone go and top themselves over it, though!!) . The point is, however, that 'failure' isn't really the proper word. The fact that BA have said no does not mean that you can't get a foot in the door. If you've passed the aptitudes you can do the job, it's just a matter of convincing them. I realise, though, that this is not as easy as it sounds.

But what makes it harder, I think, is the fact that the selection process is so subjective. So much depends on who the other five at the FB are and who interviews you. If everyone gets on or the interviewers take a shine to you then that can make all the difference. It may even come down to whether or not you look the interviewers in the eye when you shake their hands.

The point i am trying to make is don't be disheartened if you get the knock back. Next year you might have more favourable external factors working for you and it could make all the difference. Also, take heart from the fact that loads of BA trainees never made it at the first, second or even third attempts.

Good luck to one and all and remember that so many of us are genuinely talented and worthy of employment (it's just that BA haven't realised it yet!!).

AssumeCrashPositions
25th Jan 2001, 01:19
You've hit the nail on the head there. The pilot at my BA FB took an instant dislike to me but at my OATS interview for BM, the bloke had been a navigator on the same planes as my dad in the RAF and the woman went to university in my home town so we instantly had something in common. Not only did that help to provide a certain empathy, but it also helped to take away a few of the nerves.