PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Logbooks ?

onmyway
10th Sep 2002, 02:25
I was wondering what are the regs with regards to holding and maintaing your own logbook on the computer??

Can anyone keep their times on their computer in any format (ie Excel) or do the logbook entries need to be typed into a logbook that has been 'approved' by CASA ??:confused:

Do employers take much notice and enquire why you keep your logbook in electronic format as against the paper method.:confused:

Very interested to hear what people think about this and what methods people use ..... the pros and cons against the methods.

Jamair
10th Sep 2002, 11:36
You need to be talkin' to P-AIR, mon, he de man.......dis fella eben gib you a free elctric logbook.

http://www.bigfoot.com/~P-air

you all be tekin it EASY, now..........:cool:

compressor stall
13th Sep 2002, 20:08
From memory you have to have a bound hard copy. If for nothing else where do you put the little stickers?

One could construe that as printing another page of your logbook on PC and attaching it via staples or something.

In addition to my normal logbook, I run one on an excel program I made which adds up just about everything. breakdowns by type, rego, landings etc. Once the data is there all you have to do it type a formula.

Took about 15 seconds the other day to work out the average sector length per year.

But the main reason is that the electronic one is a backup. Every 6 months I send a copy on disk to mum and dads for safekeeping. As you may be aware, if you lose your logbook, then you are credited with the minimum number of hours for your licence category, plus whatever records you can find from the companies you have worked for. No easy feat when you have worked for several who have shut up shop in several states!