PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Cruise Pilot

muchacho
25th Dec 2001, 04:39
Hi all:

I have been updating my Cathay flight update cards for the past 2 years. I have not been even offered an interview yet. As I am reaching the age of 31 (with ICAO ATPL and 2500TT), should I continue doing it until someone feels sorry for me and offers me an interview? what is the max. age to get in as a cruise pilot? would there be any hiring in 2002?

El Much

FL245
25th Dec 2001, 16:14
Hi muchacho

I was offered an interview for cruise pilot with Cathay in October. After talking to some friends who had done it and looking at the pay, and given the current climate I decided not to attend.

Instead I will wait until I meet the requirements for First Officer on the cargo fleet as the pay and base choice is much better, thats if they still have a fleet! I understand thay have parked up a small number of 747's.

Just for your info, I am 30 with 1400hrs, flying a BAe ATP turboprop in the UK.

Hope this is useful.

mrfish
27th Dec 2001, 00:25
Not a good time to hope for quick and easy answers from CX... or anyone else, for that matter.

To put you mind at ease though: Recent CX SO hires have included..... Age 24-37.... Experience 2200-7000 (most vic 3500). A few with only turboprop time but the majority jet.

Trust me you are not alone!

PPWannaB
28th Dec 2001, 05:34
Does CX want Bachelor Degrees in their S/O candidates?