PDA

View Full Version : Woomera - Idea for another new sub-forum

Java
9th Sep 2002, 19:45
Woomera

Since all these new sub-forums have appeared, would you consider another new one.

D+G Flying Instructors

I think this is an area that needs more promotion, and maybe a separate area for them might good.

Cheers

Java

Woomera
9th Sep 2002, 23:53
Java

There is some merit in your proposal which I will pass on to the Flying Instructor Woomera, to discuss with the Great God of PPRuNE.

Java
10th Sep 2002, 18:49
Woomera

Thankyou for considering my request. I just think that Instructing is a very important area and often gets over looked. It would be good to have this area so instructors can share information and perhaps be able to share more light on this area of the industry. Hopefully encouraging more pilots to consider this for a career in the long term.

Cheers

compressor stall
11th Sep 2002, 06:14
What's wrong with the PPRuNe Flying Instructors Forum (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=17) ?

If it's instructing tips/idea/discussion you are after, then this is the place. If it's jobs etc, debates about whether to instruct or go north, then the Dunnunda GA forum would seem to be the place.

flipside
12th Sep 2002, 00:10
4 is more than enough. No more please.

OzExpat
12th Sep 2002, 08:41
Sorry Java but I have to agree with Stallie on this. The exchange of instructing information, tips and so forth is universal. I've worked as an instructor in several countries, so can assure you of the truth of this. And it stands the logic test too because the way you fly a (insert name of favourite type of training aeroplane here) in Australia is no different to the way it's flown in New Zealand, the USA, Africa... etc

strewth
12th Sep 2002, 11:48
Hiya,

I would agree that there isn't much need for a D&G flight instructors forum, the main forum is well inhabited by aussie instructors any way.

I would however like to make a suggestion to make browsing a bit easier. Would it be possible to create links to all four D&G forums at the top of each sub-forum page? At the moment to jump between the sub-forums could be a little bit easier. A box with all four like the main D&G forum would work brilliantly.

Cheers

Woomera
12th Sep 2002, 14:11
strewth there is a little "Hop to " box down the RH bottom from which you can hop directly to anywhere, is that any help? :D

strewth
13th Sep 2002, 00:04
Would you believe I figured that out about 2 seconds after I clicked submit reply? Doh well......

I still rekon it was a good idea. :rolleyes: