PDA

View Full Version : need help and advise

syed
9th Sep 2002, 09:52
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: i have frozen ATPL with SHORTS 330/360 900hrs on type, total 1245hrs. Trying to get a job as a F/O but so far no luck, anyone out there has any update about current recruitment. Anyone knows if any para club is looking for pilot to built hours. trying to find a good and cheap AFI training school in UK. I would appreciate for your help.

African Drunk
9th Sep 2002, 21:50
Are you with Logan Air? If so what is the situation with the scrapping of the 360's as I heard that BALPA was getting involved.

There is a BALPA employment conference coming up in near future. Co-pilot, IPA letters pretty negative but talking up future expansion poss end of year.

scroggs
10th Sep 2002, 18:56
May I suggest that you join one or more of these organisations if you want the benefits of their research? None is costly for a Wannabe, and each has much to offer. I think it's a bit cheeky to ask those who have forked out for membership to freely feed you the information they've paid for.

As for total unemployed pilots in UK, it's difficult to guess as no-one seems to know how many Wannabes are out there. There was a credible estimate of 1100 redundant, but previously employed, pilots around the beginning of the year.