PDA

View Full Version : Qualiflyer bites the dust?

TwinAisle
9th Sep 2002, 08:23
After months of its constituent airlines flirting with Star and OneWorld, it appears that Qualiflyer is going to be wound up at the end of the year.

If anyone has any ideas what will happen to my 200K miles with them, please post it here!!

TA

PAXboy
9th Sep 2002, 20:04
The short answer is that it should all be fine.

I received this e-mail from Qualiflyer on 6th Sept. If you only have postal info, it might take longer to reach. They confirmed that my account number stays the same but seem only to mention SN Brussels, not any other parties and I joined through Swiss!! Here is an edited 'paste':

The Qualiflyer programme will be operated under a new name and banner from January 1, 2003. We warmly invite you to join Privilege, the frequent flyer programme of SN Brussels Airlines - automatically, without any forms or formalities.

* If you'd like to join, *
** there's nothing more you need to do **
------------------------------------------------------------
You can continue to collect and spend miles. The mileage balance in your Qualiflyer account will be automatically transferred to your new Privilege account on January 1, 2003. Those miles will remain valid (in accordance with the current Qualiflyer Terms of participation); and any Qualiflyer awards already issued (such as Free Tickets) will also retain their validity.

Your membership number - nnnnnnnnn - will remain unchanged. You can also continue to use your Qualiflyer Membership Card until you receive a new card for the new programme in January 2003.

END QUOTE

msmorley
9th Sep 2002, 21:29
They seem to be determining which of the new FF plans you fit best in (through recent flights, I guess) - I started with SN and find myself with LX now. The three successor schemes are run by Swiss, SN Brussels and TAP - the other partners (is this the right word?) in Qualiflyer are making a run for it :D

If you wish to be in one of the other programmes then you have the option to inform them of this - you should receive details by email or through the post.

At the present time, however, it's not clear which airlines you'll be able to earn miles with through each of the three plans. Does anyone have ideas/informed guesses?

m.