PDA

View Full Version : Ezy Roadshows - Follow Up?

fireflybob
8th Sep 2002, 16:05
Just wondered whether anyone had heard from Ezy after attending the roadshows as I recall that they said they would write to all those who attended?

Broken Wings
8th Sep 2002, 17:19
FFB - nothing either but then I think they said 3-4 weeks so maybe this week or next? Not holding my breath.

Gazeem
8th Sep 2002, 17:49
Hello Bob,

hope you are well,

no reply from Easy Jet yet - either from the Information at the Roadshow or the electronic CV, I am still expecting the electronic recruitment bulletin soon though,

Oh well at least I got some gizzits off them.

Gaz

MJR
9th Sep 2002, 08:37
I was told 3 - 4 weeks too. I think I was at East Midlands the same time as you Broken Wings.

I have applied on line twice and have never received an acknowlegement.

cheers

MJR

Broken Wings
9th Sep 2002, 15:14
Received this today :
"We have had a look at your application form and we have made a note on it that you attended our roadshow as we want to be able to track your interest in easyjet. You certainly have some relevant experience and we consider you as someone we would be interested in assessing. However, there are people who more closely meet our requirements on the database who will be called forward before you so we cannot give you a specific timeframe at the moment. We do appreciate that it is frustrating having to wait without knowing when we will contact you, however, please be assured that we are interested in your application your interest in easyJet is valued. We are committed to recognising those people who expressed an interest in our company and we will get back to you as soon as we are able to."

Still don't know where I am in the electronic pile:confused:

arviator
9th Sep 2002, 17:48
Broken Wings,
Just a quickie - what sort of experience do you have? I have been applying for what seems like ages, with no real response. I have a full UK ATPL and 3500 hours ( no type rating on anything big though). I have heard that there are no more 737 rated people left out there, so who is next on their list????

g92
9th Sep 2002, 18:14
I got the same reply, me:
JAR ATPL(f) I/R MCC
1550 hours, 1000 hours twin turbine.

At least they have made an effort to reply, unlike most others!

Impressive_Wingspan
9th Sep 2002, 19:16
Same reply here, 2500 Hours, 1000+ Turbine.
Did anyone get a negative response??

Broken Wings
10th Sep 2002, 00:06
Arviator -
JAA fATPL/IR (unfrozen upon Multi-Pilot Type Rating)
5000 hrs (2345 4-jet & 2000+ single jet)

arviator
10th Sep 2002, 17:50
Thanks for the responses. The next question is who are ez recruiting? All indications are they are short of people, so presumably some people are being taken on. Anyone fitting that description care to post what made the difference to getting the job???;) ;) nudge, nudge; say no more!!

fireflybob
16th Sep 2002, 19:20
14,000 hours total, 9000 jet and 4,500 on B737 variants.

Still hoping!

Cakov
17th Sep 2002, 21:32
Don't know what it takes...

1500 Hrs, 1000 on 737-300 and 737NG

...and still not a sniff over the past year.

:confused:

BronzeAge
18th Sep 2002, 22:11
Same reply as above, Ive got 2000hrs with 1200 jet, 600 turbo-prop.

There are a couple of lads at work who got a positive response. Both have around 7000hrs and alot of p1 jet time!!!

Cheers

MorningGlory
19th Sep 2002, 12:54
Why do I even bother? With a fATPL and low hours, what in gods name kind of chance do low hour fATPLers have with starting a career flying?

Not enough is known about how all you experienced guys got your first jobs!!

jasonjdr
19th Sep 2002, 13:03
You have a point. There really is nothing to be gained from a self-sponsored fully integrated course if guys like this are failing to get a look in on the low cost airlines. :eek:

'Hind sight' is a wonderful thing!

AMEX
19th Sep 2002, 14:36
I think part of the problem lies the fact that many believe they will be able to land a 73 job straight after they gained their licence.
Probably due to the marketing skills found in many flying schools.
which doesn't help is when Ez say they are considerering every applications but the truth is that they only employ low time who have been through the CTC scheme.
what in gods name kind of chance do low hour fATPLers have with starting a career flying?
Not a lot is the answer but even in good times it is difficult to secure a flying job as there is always a very strong competition with people with more hours, more connections, better quality time etc...
Saying that, do not despair and keep working on it also as much as you should apply to all the airlines (just in case you never know you might be in luck some day), try not to focus only on the Jet jobs.
Less popular ones are perhaps a little bit easier to get because YOU, as a person (friendly, motivated, keen, available,...) can make a difference. Think about it and tell me how you could do that when filling an online application form with little time in your logbook.
I know how frustrating the whole experience (job hunting that is) can be but that's the case for most us with only a few who made it straight in.
As the advert says, get yourself connected... Knock on doors (physically) again and again. No magic recipe here just a lot of patience and dedication required.
Sorry MorningGlory that I haven't more useful tips to give you but if you ask to a group of pilots who are now flying those Ez 73s, you will find that none of them as followed the same path to achieve their position.
Perseverance, luck, pprune's infos, people you know, people your mates know, instructor rating, getting a job abroad (you have to leave the country for that), anything you can think of you will have to give it a good go.

Don't despair about EZ, it is a nice dream for many but the reality should take back you where you really have your chances. In time and perhaps before you know it you will get that shiny jet job but in the meantime....

Back to the thread:
You only hear from EZ if they want you to come for an interview.
There is no way to track the progress of your application form.

jasonjdr
Low cost airlines doesn't mean "desperate for pilots" at least not yet and not anymore than the others carriers are .
Saying that when I look at some of the guys experiences, I can't help wondering if this online application form is really working...

MorningGlory
21st Sep 2002, 12:18
Thanks AMEX for your advice, and sorry to interrupt the original thread.

Regards,

MG.

BronzeAge
3rd Oct 2002, 18:18
Have recently received an e- mail from the recruitment team about a "Monthly Open evening" to be held at Luton.

It says "you will have the chance to meet the recruitment team and Flight Ops team over a drink and some nibbles".

Has anyone had a similar e-mail? Is it worth the drive as I have already been to a Roadshow last month?

Cheers BronzeAge

:)