PDA

View Full Version : Staff travel

penny_benjamin
8th Sep 2002, 07:54
Here's an interesting thought...
Is it possible for other staff to show you some respect when you are flying staff travel???
Not in all cases, but some cases you get treated with attitude when you check-in, you get greasies when you get a business upgrade, you get treated like crap...and all b/c ur using your travel benefits.
Doesn't everyone use them at some time or another???
Don't you like to be treated like everyone else when you fly???
What should it matter whether you are SH, LH or regional, engineer, captain, F/O... why do staff treat each other so badly???

Then you get the ppl who are using their staff benefits and think they can be the ones giving the attitude...they ask for the extra drinks, the extra pillows, think you're there to cater to their personal needs and crack the poos if they don't get their upgrades...
People need to have a good hard look at themselves and remember how they like to be treated when in their situations.
Give up the attitude and make everyones life a little easier.

I am a great person. I do my best to make everyone's flight enjoyable. I'm friendly, but not to the point of being over-bearing. I show respect to everyone, even those who don't deserve it. I treat everyone the way I like to be treated, do you?

:D :rolleyes: :mad: :p :eek: :D

aviatorgirl72
8th Sep 2002, 09:02
Unfortunately, some people do abuse the priviledge of using their staff travel. There are always a few bed apples.

But I whether you are staff or not, you should be treated like a full paying passenger. This is just being professional!!!

It is a perk of the job, and the reason why people do this hard, sometimes thankless job.

If I were you I would write a a very objectional letter to your GM or CEO, pointing out what you experienced from boarding to disembarkation.

It is totally unprofessional to treat another member of the company like this.

What people need to realise, yes there are a lot of departments that make up an airline. But at the end of the day, the cabin crew deliver the product.

We are the shopwindow of any airline, and the deciding factor whether someone will return to it.

It is very hard to find good quality people in this day and age, good customer service can be taught, but not always delivered!!!

Go ahead and write the letter, it will get all this off your chest.

When crew travel on my flights, the first thing I do, is to take them a goody bag for flight, water, magazines, toothbrushes, sleepers and eyeshades, and always popp in the timetable!!!!

:) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :)