PDA

View Full Version : Reno 2002

saman
8th Sep 2002, 07:09
God and Air France willing, I'm off to watch the races at Reno next weekend. As I'm a a new boy at the Reno Races, has anyone got some tips as to what to look out for to get the best out of what sounds like a great weekend's fun?

treadigraph
8th Sep 2002, 10:12
Definitely get a pit pass! I think you buy them at the entrance to the pits, well worth it. Also probably worth getting a seat in the stands ("bleachers"); we didn't, but you will get a better view across to the back of the course.

Apart from that, get there early as the races start pretty early on in the day; we night-stopped at Auburn on the other side of the Sierra Nevada asnd had to drive thorugh the mountains pretty fast (pity, the scenery is spectacular!) and the first couple of races were already happening as we got there and parked.

It is a wonderful spectacle and the crescendo of the unlimiteds coming round the last pylon and up the home straight is awesome!

Have a great trip, wish I was coming with you! Next year...

Treadders

Fris B. Fairing
8th Sep 2002, 23:53
Saman

A pit pass is definitely the way to go. You have to get in early though as numbers are limited and you have to pay for them but it's money well spent. I found one day in the bleachers to be enough to experience the supporting airshow. As for the racing, if you can't get out to the pylons it's best experienced in the pits, particularly if you are a photographer. All the hype you have heard about "electric atmosphere" and all that is true. Enjoy!

Cheers

BayAreaLondoner
9th Sep 2002, 03:29
I'm going on Friday afternoon with 2 friends. We bought Pit Passes for Saturday.
Seems like some other Ppruners might be there too - check out the aforementioned thread.
Send me a private message or email if interested in meeting up.

saman
9th Sep 2002, 20:09
Many thanks for the advice, the Pit Pass sounds like the biz. Alas, I would be ungracious to my hosts if I were to take an evening out but I hope the bash works out.