PDA

View Full Version : Information on J1 flight schools please

Tugpilotsmiffy
8th Sep 2002, 04:49
Hi there i am looking for flight schools in the states that offer J1 programmes pref Florida but not fussy, any info grestly accepted.

Long Beach CFII
12th Sep 2002, 09:21
A J1 visa is not applicable for most flight schools as this visa applies to non-vocational studies, and Flight training is actually considered vocational studies, like a certified mechanic, or electrician.

M1 visas however are visas issued by my flight school for flight training - www.rainbowair.com - based in Long Beach California.

I've flown to Florida once and didn't like the thunderstorms, swamps, humidity, or serious lack of scenery and terrain.

Personally I think California has perfect weather - warm, not humid - lots of stunning scenery and at Long Beach (Los Angeles) we are pretty close to Ocean, Mountains, and Desert - Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Sierra Nevada mountains, and San Francisco - are all one day trips away.

marpoo
13th Sep 2002, 06:29
try ari ben aviator. there is a website i think it is aribenaviator.com
they offer the J1. good luck and let us know how you get on with them.

weasil
17th Sep 2002, 00:12
To Tugpilotsmiffy

As i'm sure you aware seeing as you started this thread there ARE flight schools offering the J-1 visa as a means of training and then gaining experience through flight instruction. This allows you to be paid to work.

It is quite a valuable tool. Try searching for flight schools on www.landings.com

Good Luck

Labarynth Seal
23rd Sep 2002, 17:57
To Tugpilotsmiffy :- I don't know wether you are a looking for a fixed wing or rotary school, but if you are after a rotary school then try this link:-

http://www.heli.com (http://)

These guys will sort all the paperwork out for you etc....

I will also refer you to the previous thread by decimal.

I know not how much flying you have done previosly, or wether you have any flying training, but read his thread and you may get some idea, that if you have training already, then obtaining a J-1 visa, may prove a bit of a headache?

Somehow, i just get the feeling that after 9/11, the US has become a little sensitive....Can't possibly understand why :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good luck with your search and don't give up

Labarynth Seal

JAR sucks!!:D :D