View Full Version : the GA 8

drexel
8th Sep 2002, 02:13
I am interested to hear about how the Airvan is going on the east coast

and from any Airvan drivers on what they think of loading, power,ergonomic

comfort factor handling ect.

huntsman
8th Sep 2002, 06:02
"Air Ngukurr has a number of Cessna 210 aircraft operating, but we find the GA8 much more practical for us. Both aircraft have the same size engine, but we are able carry two more passengers in the GA8 and an extra 270 kilos of freight."

Honie Edwards,
Chief Pilot Air Ngukurr,
Darwin Australia
www.airngukurr.citysearch.com.au

Pretzal
8th Sep 2002, 14:55
If you fly in it for extended periods at a time it gives you a sore bum. Its slow - 115kts. Very easy to fly. Surprisingly it doesnt drag its bum in the air no matter how you load it or at what weights you fly. I'd be interested to see how the interior/exterior looks after 10 or so years. Its also a bit too pitchy in turbulence. If a 210 is on offer instead - I'd take that any day (from a pilots perspective).

cirrus32
9th Sep 2002, 04:15
Pretzal,

I know the designer of the GA8 seats rather well. Was the problem with the seat due to the upright angle of the seat back or was it simple a matter of the depth of foam in the base? Unfortunately subsequent to design the depth of the foam in the base was reduced by 50% by those who thought they knew better!

At least the seats do actually meet the FAR23.562 crashworthiness requirements, unlike the C210.

drexel
9th Sep 2002, 04:46
a few of the guys have been complaining of a sore but after a fly
they could put this down to one of two things lack of rudder trim
or as you say the alluminium box section seats
thank you for the feed back
has anyone had problems with the fuel system?

Pretzal
11th Sep 2002, 15:23
Cirrus,

Definitely the cushions werent adequate as you always got sore butt cheeks and could well have been the back rest inclination too, but I dont remeber suffering any more lower back pain than any other aircraft I've flown. Hope that helps.

Pretzal