PDA

View Full Version : Details of next BA training course

PigsCanFly
23rd Jan 2001, 23:57
Does anyone know when and where the next BA CEP training course will be starting please?

Any indication of how much notice they tend to give of the start of the course would be gratefully received too - I need to plan my life! (how much time have I got for one last holiday??)

I spoke to them yesterday, and they told me I'm on the list for the next course, but they don't know when it'll start yet.

Thanks

skycommander1
25th Jan 2001, 00:40
Hi!

I too have been shortlisted for a course, I have my medical in a couple of weeks. Have you been to the medical yet? How was it? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Pigs can Fly
25th Jan 2001, 01:38
Oi! Who's been using my name. Not amused.

PigsCanFly
25th Jan 2001, 02:37
Pigs can fly - sorry mate, I didn't know someone else had that name when I registered, or I wouldn't have chosen it! I scarcely post any messages on the site, so hopefully I won't tread on your toes!

Skycommander1 - I had my medicals on 4/1/01, although only received my CAA Class One today, and forwarded it to BA. The medicals are pretty straightforward - mainly eyes, ears etc. As long as there's nothing glaringly wrong with you, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Pigs can Fly
25th Jan 2001, 11:11
No problem. Great minds think alike. What we need is some sort of readily available master list of names so that people can check before they attempt to register. Would make interesting reading in any case.

Speedy G
25th Jan 2001, 15:43
Can you guys give a little useful interview onyour F.B? - How many of you were there? How many of you got through? Is it your first time applying? Apart from that general info would be greatly appreciated - as you can tell I'm rather nervous!

Cheers Speedy

P.S Well done in getting accepted!

skycommander1
25th Jan 2001, 20:46
Speedy G,

There were six of us in all and I believe two actually made it through. Its my second attempt applying.

Useful info - know your stuff on BA, such as who their alliances and competitors are. Know EXACTLY why you want to be a pilot and know your application form back to front! Also get loads of books on interview techniques, it makes all the difference how you project yourself.

Best of Luck, I'm sure you will be fine!

BAB2B
25th Jan 2001, 20:50
I've got FB coming up soon too, any info on the latest essay questions and group exercise info would be appreciated. I'm a few weeks out yet but the nerves are creeping in slowly, worse than Uni finals!

Also, a bit more interview specific for those who have had one with BA recently...is there much focus on current piloting/technical topics or is it more focussed on airline business strategy/customer service?

Thanx