PDA

View Full Version : State subsistence funding for CEP students?

PigsCanFly
23rd Jan 2001, 23:52
Please could anyone let me know if there are any cunning ways of getting state (or otherwise) funding for general living expenses while on airline CEP courses?

I'm awaiting a start date for my BA cadetship, and thought that if there's someone out there prepared to give me some money while I go through flying school, then I may as well make the most of it.

I know the government doesn't give students much any more, but hey, it's worth a try!

Thanks

Airbus_319
24th Jan 2001, 00:40
Nice try

Unfortunately there is no way to get state subsistence funding for the BA cadet scheme. BA will give you a weekly allowance (30 pounds) if at Oxford and more if you're going to W.Mich. You should be greatful that BA are funding you. there are thousands of people who would love to be in your position.

If you end up going to Oxford then there is a Barclays bank in the local high street (Kidlington) that do a special deal for Oxford students who are airline sponsored. It is basically a student loan of up to 1250, and is interest free for up to a year from finishing the course.

PigsCanFly
24th Jan 2001, 00:49
thanks for your help. I didn't expect much, but it was worth a go!

BIK_116.80
24th Jan 2001, 02:22
Go see Mr McDonald and work your way through training like everyone else!

3 putt
24th Jan 2001, 02:30
Made me laugh out loud!

sd
24th Jan 2001, 03:27
Pigs MIGHT fly!!!