PDA

View Full Version : One Year On: War on Terrorism on Trial

solotk
7th Sep 2002, 21:16
Did anyone else catch this on C4 (UK) tonight?

Jacko, thought you might have been watching this.

Superb televison under the tutelage of Jon Snow.

Bloody brilliant from Sir Mike Rose, straight plain SAS common sense.

Golden moment? When the American Representative was asked, how many terrorist organisations the US was still funding,and when he denied it, was given a list of terror organisations they were funding....lol. I think he was upset.

I think in cricket, it's called a "Hostile Over".

American fellah blustered like mad, and must have been praying for the satellite to go phutt....

Excellent programme, if a bit theatrical , well done C4

Kiting for Boys
7th Sep 2002, 21:52
Good fun

But the 'representative audience' seemed to have over a third Afro-Caribbean/Muslim. The UK has a lot less than 10%.

Gove didn't get a fair hearing and who was that chap with the lose tie and an open top button?

Jackonicko
7th Sep 2002, 22:04
I expect it was rigged. After all, three quarters of the UK population aren't against military action against Iraq at the moment, are they?

Shouldn't we move this to Jet Blasts?

solotk
7th Sep 2002, 22:08
Dunno Kiting,

But I think a few less trips to the Inns of Court Pie Shoppe might be in order. Otherwise that talent he has will vapourise in a heart attack shortly.

Good point about the audience content. Hmmmmm bit of weighting by C4 there perhaps?

Still , the voting went the way that any fool could have predicted. Less ethnics may have affected the voting, but I suspect, not by much.

Sir Mike , to my eyes anyway, just stated it as he saw it, as did AVM Mason.

Excellent television, think I'll watch the rest of the programmes in the series this weekend. The Al-Quaieda one tomorrow at 20.00 BST should be good

A Civilian
7th Sep 2002, 22:20
There was an equally interesting doc on BBC2 "The End of the Affair" about a jewish MP going to Israel to see why the current israel government is a bunch of physco's.

"American fellah blustered like mad"

Yeah he did :)

West Coast
7th Sep 2002, 23:00
Those who live in glass houses...

A few years ago Israel named the UK as one of the main foreign sources of funding for Hamas. Do a web search, don't believe me. I don't deny misguided Americans dont give to Noraid and other organizations, I guess they are just as misguided as your lot.

solotk
7th Sep 2002, 23:03
Sorry West,

I shoulkd have made the point about US funding for terrorism clearer, to people who didn't see the programme/live outside the UK.

The Barrister concerned, asked the representative from the US,

"How many terrorist organisations was the US Government still funding"

As soon as he asked , I thought "Bloody hell" but it certainly made an interesting couple of minutes viewing

Regards

P3