PDA

View Full Version : Books To learn from

bobthebinder
7th Sep 2002, 21:09
Just embarking on JAA PPL(A) would like some recommendations on additional reading material for exams and for future advanced study as I am hoping to progress onto CPL. Any views on distance learning schools for CPL/ATPL, appreciated.:confused:

SKYYACHT
9th Sep 2002, 17:15
Bob,

You could invest in The PPL Confuser, or the Trevor Thom Air Pilots Manuals. Alternatively, The PPL books from Jeremey Pratt are good. It depends on your individual tastes. I have heard that the RAF manuals are good too.

Blue Skies

Broken Wings
10th Sep 2002, 11:02
Bob - I recommend Bristol Groundschool for your distance learning. Alex and his father are both ex-RAF and have a first class reputation. They have developed an excellent CD-ROM package to add to the excellent notes. They also have great feedback for the exams and I understand all progress tests are now completed on-line/email. Don't just take my word ask around but I think you'll find that they will be close to or on the top of any recommendation list. Best of luck for the future - it will be hard work but it will be worth it.

patience
10th Sep 2002, 16:33
for PPL books and stuff, try www.aerobookstore.com -a rubbish store (like when it works), but the cheapest books I've seen recently-mine arrived a week later.