PDA

View Full Version : Modular Training

DanielBaxter
23rd Jan 2001, 23:23
Hey people,

How much is the modular training route to obtain a CPL. I want to be a pilot, but if I can't get sponsorship, I need to be realistic about the training. I'd have to get a job and do a modular part-time course, may take a few years to get the license, but I'm only 18 at the moment, so time is on my side.

Has anyone got any advice for me, I could really use some.

Thanks in advance
Dan

Speedbird252
23rd Jan 2001, 23:36
Hi Daniel, go to www.oxfordaviation.net (http://www.oxfordaviation.net)

These people are the Modular Training experts and there web site has loads of info on the various routes available. Alternatively e-mail: [email protected] (sue price) or phone 01865 844253 and she will send you an info pack in the post.

Ive spent the last few months looking at the modular route, and from what ive heard these guys are pretty good.

Good Luck.

DoWeHaveLiftOff?
24th Jan 2001, 03:57
Daniel Baxter,

I'm looking to do a modular course at Oxford or Gloucester training Schools. I'm looking to spend approx. £28,000 and hope to complete as soon as possible.

Training? Hours?
I do not have anything as yet but am looking to book a Medical Class 1 test over the next few weeks and once I get that, hopefully start my PPL and then apply for the modular course.

A few questions to anyone who can help:
* Can I get a PPL from any school or does it have to be from Oxford if I am to study there?
*Does anyone have the telephone number for the team who do the Medical Test, can't find a thread on it at all.
* Finally, does anyone know any good schools around Birmingham.

Thanking in advance for any information
Good Luck PPL (i mean people)

[This message has been edited by DoWeHaveLiftOff? (edited 23 January 2001).]

HomerSimpson
24th Jan 2001, 04:42
DoWeHaveLiftOff...

1, You can get your PPL at any school, then if you're planning on the modular CPL route then you can build your hours to around 150, then do the CPL course (having passed the theory exams) Best place to hour build cheaply is in the states.

2, For the medical, try the CAA website, it has all the info you need. The telephone number is standard 01293 573700. Listen to the options - choose the one you want.
3, Sorry can't help you on schools in Birmingham - I'm from the North West!

4, Good Luck!

Homer

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

taildragger2
24th Jan 2001, 05:04
Daniel
I know were your coming from and although oxford and the rest look pretty on paper remember one thing -THEY ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN THE COLOUR OF YOUR CASH- at the mo im half way through JAA ATPL groundschool at PPSC and Its a tough old ride! they say its so simple, just 13 weeks then 10 weeks for Mod 2 but gear yourself up for one to two years of constant struggle! The schools still have no real idea of the exam question database so unlike the CAA route the books cant be influenced by the comming questions. As for the PPL I think the best method is to find a small friendly school at a quiet aerodrome ( Border air trainning at Carlisle are excellent )that will break you in gently and due to the small size of the school you get the benefit with instructor to student ratios. Don't do your PPL with a large pilot factory like oxford as this is the very basics of flight that will be called upon for the rest of your career! Best of luck and if you need any contact numbers for some small good personal schools get back to me!.........................Tailwinds......STU

DoWeHaveLiftOff?
24th Jan 2001, 05:52
Homer,

Thanks for the quick response.

DWHLO?