PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 Renewal Cost

theharrier
7th Sep 2002, 14:07
Hi there, my first Class 1 renewal is coming up very soon and I was just wandering if anyone knew what the cost was likely to be? Is there a standard charge like there was the whopping £400 for the initial (enough to give any fit and healthy person a coronary!). Surely it can't be anywhere near that much for a renewal?

Any input would be gratefully accepted!

theharrier

SierraHotel Pilot
8th Sep 2002, 20:21
cost me about £90 squids to find out i'm an inch shorter but two inch wider:D :D

SJ

foghorn
8th Sep 2002, 20:23
CAA guideline figures are about £85 however one AME charged me £140 - didn't go back there again...

cheers!
foggy

tom_higginson
9th Sep 2002, 16:29
How long does an initial class 1 madical last?

Cheers, TH.

jonathang
13th Sep 2002, 19:43
1 year for under 40 and every 6 months for over 40.

Heard renual costs from £90 >>> £200

theharrier
14th Sep 2002, 19:44
Thanks for your responses guys. I've now managed to answer my own question......it cost me £100 to renew (I'm 19 so only needed the basic exam (£85) + Hb (£15) ) and that was at the Air Traffic Control Medical Centre at Heathrow.

While I'm here, one more quick query.......do any of you have any idea why having too much Haemoglobin in your bloodstream might be a bad thing? Apparently I was 3 points over the 'limit' which although it didnt fail me just meant that it was one of those things that has to be reported back to the CAA. I'm now just a little curious as to what the consequences might be if anyone had very high Hb levels, I mean I know there's anaemia at one end but I've heard nothing about the other!?!?

Thanks once again guys,

theharrier