PDA

View Full Version : Posting your resume online

gizbug
6th Sep 2002, 23:54
Just curious, while in search of an aviatoin job, what websites do you have your resume posted on?
Currently I am using JSFirm and Monster.com. I have a feeling that there are better out there though...

:p

Fright Level
7th Sep 2002, 16:36
I don't know of any airlines that would go looking for pilots. They will be interested in the people that seek them out and express an interest in *their* business, not someone who just posted his CV to a website and sat back waiting for a job offer.

scroggs
7th Sep 2002, 20:36
I love the idea of sitting back and waiting for the job to come to you, but it won't happen. How many recruiting departments are going to scour the internet for CVs when they are overloaded with them already?

You would be far better advised to search this forum for subjects to to with CVs or resumes. There are many, and most contain good advice. Once you have read and understood this advice, act on it - sending out your CV to all the airlines/employers who you feel you might have a chance with. If you want a job in this industry, you have to go out and get it!