PDA

View Full Version : Situation at Varig

Zico
6th Sep 2002, 08:58
How´s it going at Varig. Saw there´s a new CEO. Are things improving in relationship between pilots and management. And what´s your forecasts?
Rgds Zico (who´s flying RG quite a bit)

start sequence 312
6th Sep 2002, 19:53
Hi Zico, some news:

- A large flight, route and airplane reorganization has been made to adequate Varig, Rio Sul and Nordeste structure. Well…just after several years of predatory competition among those airlines. Amazing!!:rolleyes:
BNDES and creditors imposed that restructure as a base line for debt negotiations and new investments.

- The new CEO will reopen conversations between Varig’s management and APVAR (Varig Pilot Association). A meeting will be announced shortly...We suppose.

- Management has introduced a new pilot seniority list including Rio Sul and Nordeste crews. There're countless complaints…

- A new international route will start Monday, 09. A daily B777 flight from Porto Alegre to Amsterdan, via Sao Paulo and Paris. MD-11:p will return to Heathrow and Kastrup…Thanks God!

zekeigo
21st Jan 2003, 19:24
RIGHT AFTER VARIG HAS THE Edited ATTITUDE TO LAY OFF ALMOST 80 PILOT, WITHOUT TAKING ACCOUNT THE AGREEMENT TO USE THE SENIORITY IN ORDER TO USE FILE, MANY PILOTS THAT VOTED FOR THE MOVEMENT OF INDUSTRIAL ACTION, HAD REQUESTED THEIR REMOVAL FROM APVAR, MANY OF THEM WITH ENORMOUS DEBT.

NOW THE COMPANY STILL IN A CRITICAL SITUATION, AND A BUNCH OF Edited STILL SAYING THAT THE COMPANY IS OK.

ASHAMED TO BE A PART OF THIS GROUP OF Edited PILOTS.

You can express your anger and indignation perfectly clearly without using insulting words.

Captain Stable.

Decolar
2nd Feb 2003, 03:40
zekeigo, Please explain to me how management at VARIG can layoff out of seniority. Also, are Nordeste and Rio-Sul pilots able to transfer to Varig? I have met many of the Varig pilots, and all have been some of the greatest guys I have ever met, and all are outstanding flyers. It is nice to have this forum to talk with you.

I fly for a U.S. carrier - our union has just approved a 29 per cent pay reduction. It is now in effect. Now our management is asking for more. Many layoffs, of course. Still trying to preserve the decent quality of life aspects within the rest of our contract with the company.

Regards

zekeigo
7th Feb 2003, 00:08
Dear Decolar,
It does not matter to have good guys or even good pilots in a group if they have no respect for each other, and even worse, whem this same group of pilots decide on a association gathering that some action must be taken, and after all they just resign from being a member for the fear to be dismissed.
The director of Operations of Varig, Capt. Luiz Martins, was arrested yesterday for the reason to refuse a judicial order of reintegration of one of the dismissed pilot.
Zeke:yuk:

Evanelpus
7th Feb 2003, 08:19
Thought I read somewhere, yesterday on another website, that there was apossibility of a merge between Varig and TAM!!!

Surely this cannot be.