PDA

View Full Version : Broome Broome...

High Altitude
6th Sep 2002, 05:58
Info wanted on Broome...

Where to drink copious amounts of p*ss...

That should do and the rest can unfold from there...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/homfloat.gif[/IMG]

hoss
6th Sep 2002, 12:09
Mate,

Theres heaps of places to drink,I dont know where to start but here goes.My first suggestion would be to stay at a backpacker's(heaps of eye candy in winter and great opportunities). Nakamura's Bar (airport bar)was popular around last light.Then the Mangrove from about 20:00 onwards then track direct to Tokyo Joes or the Roey(depending on your clearance) till about 02:00 then try your luck at 'The Nippon Inn' but be quick as they will kick you out around sunrise. During the day make the most of the beach,I think they now have a Cafe or something at Cable beach (but I'm sure you'll be able to get a beer) or go a bit upmarket over the road at the Cable Beach Club's 'Sunset Bar' (downside is ordinary root forecast).Meanwhile back in the more historic parts of Broome is a fine establishment 'The Continental Hotel' or the 'Conti' and this hosts the lugger bar and an Irish Pub. I cant believe it,but I've forgotten what the Irish Pub is called? The other places that come to mind are The Troppicanna, The Divers Camp Tavern even try your luck out at The Coffin Cheaters but rest assured you wont get thirsty with the local Pilot group up there.

regards Hoss

Class of Broome 1994 - 2000 :)

Helibloke
6th Sep 2002, 12:13
Try the Roebuck hotel or the all nippon in the main bit of town, also the Diver tavern down near cable beach great spots you should enjoy any of those bars. I cant remember the name of the other club thats near the chicken treat shop but that is also not a bad place to get yourself a good hangover!!!
All in All its a great town to visit:D

onya
6th Sep 2002, 12:43
Is Greg Phillips still up that way with the RFDS?? He's an old mate. Be good to hear from him. Think he's in Derby with Jen and his kids.

Onya:)

topend3
7th Sep 2002, 05:48
YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE LED A SHELTERED LIFE HIGH ALTITUDE, NEEDING ADVICE ON WHERE TO DRINK IN BROOME, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, HIDING UNDER A ROCK???

maybegunnadoo
7th Sep 2002, 11:34
The beach, the beach, the beach......
the sun drifting down, a warm wash of ocean, a breeze to match the "kssh" of an opened can!

It does not get any better.

notrouble
7th Sep 2002, 22:24
Most of the comments made by HA on pprune are made when he is pissed, enough said.

High Altitude
8th Sep 2002, 04:29
Hic... Only been to Broome once before and that was on a charter with 8 over 60 yr olds and it was only one night... So wasn't really too much time...

Nope your right I can always find a beer or ten... What I was I thinking asking where to go???

No really thanks for the heads up, its nice to a have a rough idea of where to go and where not to go. Obviously the beach will cope a fair pounding.

As for dunk when prosting mmm...

p.s. Thanks for your concern Topend3 your funny...

dodgybrothers
9th Sep 2002, 15:21
H A,

go to the NJS/SA hangar in Broome, ask for the Senior base pilot. From reports he has settled down, but can usually be found in one of the drinking holes. If anyone knows whats going on in town or where there is free beer, he will!

Snapper_head
11th Sep 2002, 11:39
HA I have read so many of your posts over the past few years that I will happily buy you a beer.
Feel free to stick your head into the King Leopold Air Office ( on the GA side of the airport or in town )

You have mail!!

yourdreamin
2nd Aug 2003, 10:22
3 WORDS

MURPHYS TUESDAY NIGHT

Azimuth
2nd Aug 2003, 15:03
The poolside bar at the Kimberley Klub is often full of drunken foreign backpacker type girls with a penchant for promiscuity... :ok:

exmexican
3rd Aug 2003, 18:42
Before you look for a beer, look out your side windows. I'm sure you'll be more careful whilst taxiing than some of your employees!
If you stay at the Continental/Mercure, check your minibar consumption, they frequently add a few items to the bill.
Cheers