PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in the UK??

Aus King Air Pilot
21st Dec 2001, 17:40
Hi guys. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with information on getting work in the UK in the next year or so. I'm presently working in Australia flying Super King Air's and have a total of 3500 Hours. My other half is looking to move to the UK as part of her work and we're just thinking of the viability to it. If anyone can give me advice on who to contact or what to expect it would be greatly appreciated. I have an Australian ATPL but not British. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. AKAP

redsnail
21st Dec 2001, 23:41
G'day AKAP,
I posted a yarn about converting the Aus ATPL to a JAR one in the Dunnunda forum about 2 months ago. I don't know all of your experience or if you have 2 pilot/crew time. However, it is a very expensive exercise. At the moment, only 737 rated people are getting the jobs. One or two others are getting a start but mainly the experienced jet guys are.
Assuming you have no 2 crew time/mil service or any thing like that.
1. Medical, to be done at Gatwick. approx 189 pounds.
2. 14 JAR exams + groundschool (length of g/s can be adjusted but it is up to the groundschool). Allow a min of 4 months full time. A full length full time course = 6 months. ~ 3800 pounds
3. Exam fees = 718 pounds.
4. No 2 crew, therefore a 50 hour IR course. At least 10,000 pounds.
5. MCC ~ 2-4,000 pounds.

For more up to date info go to the caa-srg website.
Job situation has contracted significantly since Sept 11 but it won't last forever. Some say the UK Spring should see some improvement.

SkyCruiser
22nd Dec 2001, 01:13
In other words, say there pal!