PDA

View Full Version : September 11th

Brown eyes
5th Sep 2002, 19:41
Is anyone flying on Sept 11th? And if so are you worried about it? I

aviatorgirl72
5th Sep 2002, 19:57
I have a flight on the 11th, and no Im not worried in the slightest about it, I believe what will happen will happen.

But I have had cabin crew ring me to try and take their flights.

There are circumstances in life that are beyond our control.

What happened on September 11th was a terrible tragedy and my heart goes out to all those people affected by it.

Unfortunately it takes such a tragedy for the whole world to sit up and take notice, of what happens around us.

We are from all different cultures, and our culture ofter dictates the way in which we act and think. Although, I find it very hard to comprehend and understand why anybody would want to be part of such a cruel act.

People are people, and are driven for many different reasons, look at the story behind the Taj Mahal, that was all for love.

At the end of the day, they know what they did, and they will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

Lets just hope that nothing else will happen, but there are no quarantees in life.

forward jumpseat
7th Sep 2002, 21:18
Well said Aviatorgirl, I'm on standby on sept 11th. In a way I hope I get called as I'd like to be working, doing the job I love and remembering our colleagues in the US who were doing the very same job as us on that terrible day.

My thoughts will be with them and their families.

flapsforty
8th Sep 2002, 08:12
Working, not worried.

But it worries my kids.
My job never used to worry my children; they were vaguely proud of what I did and that was that.
Since sept 11 they are often fearfull when I leave. Being teenagers they try not to show it, but it does come out late at night when we chat in the bathroom or when I sit on the side of their bed in a dark bedroom.
Or just in that extra hard cuddle when I leave, from a child that is a head bigger than me and normally considers cuddling his Mum a sure sign of un-coolness.

To my surprise I found out the other day over dinner that my kids know exactly how many of the sept 11 FA's had children and they know the details about how these FA's were murdered. They have obviously focused on these details among the information overload after sept 11, and the info has stuck with them.

That my job worries my children is something I try not to think about.

Tart with the cart
8th Sep 2002, 14:03
I'm flying. Must admit I'm a bit worried but I always think that if it's your time to go you can't do much about it!

I don't have any kids to worry about but I know my boyfriend is concerned for me.