PDA

View Full Version : Farnsway Faminco PC-12

cyclops camel
5th Sep 2002, 16:22
I used to fly a Merlin for the Qld based mining company Farnsway Faminco. After I left they replaced it with a PC-12. I hear it has been exported now.
Anyone know what happenned to this company's aviation aspirations?

StallSpinCrashBurnDie
5th Sep 2002, 22:45
Farnsway's PC-12, VH-FAM, returned to the USA over 12 months ago (if memory serves me correctly). Not aware that they have replaced it with anything.

megle2
6th Sep 2002, 02:36
That must be ding dong who flew the Merlin

Your way out of touch

Whole Company gone due to major client falling over about Nov 99

cyclops camel
6th Sep 2002, 03:22
Megs,
Indeed it is.
I'm over in the sandpit and just got my command on the A330.
Who dat dere?
CC.
:) :) :)

nasa
6th Sep 2002, 06:54
Ding Dong....I thought you was dead :D :D

Flew the Merlin Megs.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:.....some would say that's a matter of opinion :D :D

Megs....You wouldn't happen to be Cpt Hatrack would you ?????

megle2
6th Sep 2002, 09:39
Ding Dong, nice to see you doing well

Nasa - I have never been in a Merlin, did I say I flew it ?

Called plenty of names but Capt Hatracks not one of them

nasa
6th Sep 2002, 13:58
Megs.....I fear you may have misunderstood.....I was refering, tongue in cheek, to Dings handling of the Merlin, not yours. :rolleyes:

Cpt Hatrack will ring a bell (excuse the pun) with Ding, as will Scumbag, Tats and TG :D :D

cyclops camel
6th Sep 2002, 18:01
G'day Nasa,

Just figured out your ident. Nobody flies the Merlin, that piece of ____ is just shoved in the general direction.

Good to hear from you mate. How's life on the beach?

:D :D :D

CC.

nasa
6th Sep 2002, 22:24
G'day Ding.....Thought those names may have rung a bell (there I go again).....Living in paradise here mate.....Every now and then, some interloper tries to crash in on our solitude (got an e-mail from one yesterday who tells me he may grace me with his presence, but I promised not to have him searched at the border).

After you left, the Merlin was bought by a mate of mine who then owned M A C A I R (sensitive computer system this one, usually blanks out that name for some reason :D ) and he flew it on a contract out of Brisbane for approx 6 months.....If memory serves, it flew approx 800 hours in 6 months or so.....PC then moved it to TSV where it flew for a while longer, before being sold to France I believe.....At the end of the day, it turned out to be a bloody good machine, but was hampered by the fact that it was a bit of a orphan when it came to parts etc.

Haven't seen Mussa, Gav or Gary for yonks......Spoke to Scumbag a few months back, and he got out of NoPulse years ago and is working in and advertising agency.....Haven't seen or spoken to Gary since he left the RFDS and last time I saw Cpt Hatrack was in the AN terminal years ago, on my way to the US I think.

Megs is correct....Steve rang me just after this mob that owed them heaps went tits up....Several months later, the PC12 was sold off to the states.

I'll drop you an e-mail soon

megle2
7th Sep 2002, 00:12
And before the Merlin left our shores it had a fight with a boxing kangaroo at Charters Towers I think.

The roo lost and the Merlin limped off to fight another day.

nasa
7th Sep 2002, 04:06
Again, if my poor old failing memory serves, it took on two kangaroos in it's life with M A C A I R, at the same airport, and with the same driver, but don't hold me to that, and the last one, I was in TSV in a Chinese restaurant with the then owner when the news came thru.....I think he made me pay for dinner :D :D