PDA

View Full Version : List of 89 - time to turn the page

on the buses
5th Sep 2002, 15:33
I think it's time to burn this list!
As far as equal opportunity in gaining employment goes, it is non existant as long as pilots who work for some airlines are allowed to carry their personal vendetta into the work place.
Pilots should be judjed on flying ability and experience rather than if their name appears on a list compiled 13 years ago!
I can think of at least four major airlines who will not recruit a pilot if his name appears on the list. I'm sure there is more.
The fact that there is a dedicated internet sight showing this list of names is just so pathetic. Who allowed this information to be collated in the first place?
This was a difficult time for all who were concerned. People had to make choices dependant upon personal commitments.
For all those pilots still carrying anger from 89, let it go! It's time to move on, put a smile on your face and use this energy in a far more positive manner.
Lets get rid of this list, employ people on merit and allow equal opportunity.
One can only hope.

SOPS
5th Sep 2002, 16:52
Oh really a list ?? What list??

spinout
5th Sep 2002, 21:46
A list of people that got their experience at the Expence of others, no such thing...:rolleyes:

ttesna
5th Sep 2002, 22:00
On The Buses,

Dont suppose by any chance your names on the dredded LIST?

Casper
5th Sep 2002, 22:11
Any continued debate on this subject is wasting time.
1. Dick Marman set a precedent.
2. It was identified as a safety issue.
3. That precedent will probably be respected on safety grounds
alone, if for no other reason.
4. Accept the lesson on reality!

Ball Bay
5th Sep 2002, 22:34
If I was running an airline, I'd never, never employ an '89'er.
They raped the industry with ongoing demands, held the country to ransom, resigned & took their money, then left Australia to steal jobs off
the nationals of foreign countries.
They then expected everyone to be sympathetic forever.
What a bunch of immoral w*nk^rs.
"The list" appears - names of people who had the guts to work hard to help this great country recover from the shambles left behind.
Forget the list. They should be first to be employed.
They proved that they're more than capable of completing a difficult mission.
The '89'ers just dummy spit then take their cricket bats & ball home.

Capt Snooze
5th Sep 2002, 23:32
Well........................................

That pretty much sums up both sides of the argument.

:)

Al E. Vator
5th Sep 2002, 23:44
........mmmm, yeah, right Ball Bay. Perhaps that's why your're not running a company - lack of grasp of basic facts.

How do you On the Buses and Ballbay reconcile your rantings with the fact that for the last 12 years no so called 89'er was allowed into Ansett, except for a small few to avoid discrimination action? Isn't your argument thus completely flawed and hypocritical?

And now after a mere 2 years of Virgin ops vs. 12 years of AN preventing pilots from returning you decide it's time to let bygones be bygones? How very convenient. Would that have ever been the case if AN hadn't collapsed? I don't think so.

Ironically though, Virgin have taken many ex AN drivers. They didn't have to. Ballbay, you may not be running a company (think you may have trouble running your piggy bank) but Virgin Blue do. They have not discriminated against any AN pilot as far as I can see. They have however made their own judgement about the character traits needed to be a pilot for that airline. Nobody forces people to work for Virgin and they are not a charity. Certain individuals on both sides of the 89 fence have been denied jobs at Virgin - that's life.

Ranting like children who have been denied a sweet will not change one thing.

And another thing, since when have the teachers let you kids play with computers during school recess?

Torres
6th Sep 2002, 02:43
Oh, dear. Not again..........

The Enema Bandit
6th Sep 2002, 05:42
Ball Bay, you're a ******! I remember on one of your earlier posts you reckon you're an accountant. If you were, you'd want the best employee for your business, scab or non scab. ******!

Woomera
6th Sep 2002, 06:08
Capt Snooze, well said thank you and I think we'll leave it right there.

Ball Boy and Enema Bandit, let's keep it civilised shall we.

You may notice at the bottom right hand corner of your posts a "warning" thingy, if I have to use that more than three times it automatically bins the culprit.
I wont on this occasion but will next.