PDA

View Full Version : Qantas B767 to launceston

downwind
5th Sep 2002, 15:08
G'day Guys,

Listening to the air waves on Wednesday morning and heard VH-ZXF, QF 767 going down to Launceston from Melbourne.

Is this freight? Who crews this AWAS????

Is it the QF replacement for the old AN service???

I think from memory AN used to fly their 767's down to Launy, with 767 freight crew every night (they didn't fly pax)????

:rolleyes:

Cheers.

Keg
5th Sep 2002, 15:53
Not sure why it was going to Launy but definately not AWAS crew. The Z cars are crewed by 'mainline' QF pilots. (To be technical, there are about a dozen contractors on the 767 so they could have been on board but still a 'mainline' flight as opposed to an AWAS one!)

The rest, I don't know and as I'm on holidays, don't care!

RamAirTurbine
6th Sep 2002, 02:15
Holidaying with the computer ? What does the wife say?

:D :D

Keg
6th Sep 2002, 07:47
Mate, she's still in hospital with Baby Keg so I'm good until tomorrow.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
6th Sep 2002, 09:41
It is a freight charter. Not sure how long it is going for and it aint AWAS.

pa31p
6th Sep 2002, 11:32
i think i heard HBA tower say that the 727 went u/s in LST one morning this last week? that may be why.

3 Holer
6th Sep 2002, 23:56
That 767 was chartered by Australian air Express to cover the 727 service that was delayed from Cairns. Turned out to be a total waste of money as the 767 couldn't land due turbulence in the LST area and came straight back to MEL.

cyclops camel
7th Sep 2002, 03:25
Congrats, Keg!

What are you calling Baby Keg - Pint perhaps?

CC.

Keg
7th Sep 2002, 11:17
Thanks cyclops, I've been looking for a good moniker for the young'un. I've considered 'Barrel' and 'Slab' and 'case' but 'pint' may just fit the bill!!

Ta muchly! :D

Woomera
7th Sep 2002, 15:09
Keg

Well congratulations are in order it seems :D

Hope Mrs and baby Keg are well, absolutely nothing else in life compares with having a family.
http://community.airattack.co.uk/images/smilies/cheers.gif
http://community.airattack.co.uk/images/smilies/party.gif

Offchocks
8th Sep 2002, 01:07
Congratulations Keg.........We will have to have a few http://community.airattack.co.uk/images/smilies/bigdrink.gif the next time we slip in a port!
All the best to the Mrs and the little one. :)

MIss Behaviour
8th Sep 2002, 01:50
Spose AAE still have to pay for the charter that wasn't? Wx sounds more like Wellington than Launy.

Hope Mrs Keg gets to have a few drinks too, although that means that 'Pint' automatically gets an introduction to the amber fluid 24 hours later!

The older keglet must almost be old enough to proon. :p

Woomera, we almost need a hatches, matches & despatches sub-forum but I think D&G reporting points is more than appropriate for now. :cool:

Keg
8th Sep 2002, 12:06
Thanks one and all. Family now home so expect to see some odd times on PRUNE due to being up all hours. Seriously didn't want to digress this thread to this extent but what can I say.

Off, my shout but I'm not going any where near those damn cars ever again!! ;)