PDA

View Full Version : Free Parking @ Cranebank?

FLYING_AINT_HAPPENIN
23rd Jan 2001, 18:12
Before Christmas I came across a thread from a guy who had just attended the BA aptitiude tests. He gave a break down of the tests, and also mentioned free car parking near by. I have the pleasure of atteding the afore mentioned next month, and remembering what it was like last time for parking, a heads up for a "free" car park close by would be very useful. I have ploughed through old leads but can't find it. Any one have the details?

Cheers

------------------

RevStar
23rd Jan 2001, 18:35
The aforementioned free car-park is the visitors car park for the Cranebank Flight Training Centre... its on your right just b4 you get to The Rivers (in the Cranebank complex)... signposted fairly clearly.

A slight caveat however - since BA don't tell the wannabees about it, I'm not sure they'd be completely overjoyed with every wannabee using it - I know about it cos I've used it as a visitor. Saying that, you could argue that CEP applicants are visitors as well (and it certainly beats relying on public transport to get there!).

Hope this is some help...

RS.

funkster
23rd Jan 2001, 19:10
I have been to Cranebank a few times now and there is a housing estate next door, in between the Waggoners pub on the Bath road (Waggoners) roundabout and Cranebank. You can get to this estate by taking the next exit on the roundabout down the Bath road towards Meadowbank. Turn left into Burnham Gardens before Meadowbank onto the estate and follow the road back on yourself. This road goes into Westwick Gardens and then you can turn right into a road called Woodfield road on the estate, running parallel with Parkway A312, that runs from the pub to a primary school. Park near the school for free and walk (2 mins) to Cranebank!

Not entirely sure that the road names are 100% correct but once you are on the estate just head toward the general direction of Cranebank and you should find the primary school (Cranford Primary school I think?).
Good luck...

FLYING_AINT_HAPPENIN
24th Jan 2001, 03:35
What stars you are! The less hassle on the day the better!!

Cheers

WGW
24th Jan 2001, 23:30
Think the post you're looking for is this one (find it in the archive). What happened to the Search facility anyway?

www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Archives/Archive-000003/HTML/20001218-2-007415.html (http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Archives/Archive-000003/HTML/20001218-2-007415.html)

Good luck next week. Wish me luck for my FB.

WGW