PDA

View Full Version : National Airlines (NCR)

ATNotts
12th May 2024, 07:22
I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that NCR flights no longer show on FR24. I imagine this is because security concerns as they work also for the US military.

Have any of the other military contractors gone down a similar road?

sewushr
12th May 2024, 11:49
Omni Air International aircraft generally don't show in FR24 either, for the same reason.

ATNotts
12th May 2024, 14:36
Doesn't surprise me that the CMB coded flights are hidden, but the commercial charters such as HKG-SHJ-BHX I would have thought wouldn't carry any more risk than a UAL or DAL schedule.

Is this perhaps a trend we will see develop with US carriers and flight tracking with global tensions heightened?

sewushr
12th May 2024, 18:27
I assume they use the facility to be able to 'block' visibility by tail number. So if the operator requests that FR24 treats an individual registration as a blocked aircraft, it won't show up regardless of whether it is a CMB, OAE or NCR flight number.

Obviously this was originally offered to owners of corporate aircraft, but seems to now be available to airline operators who are regularly engaged on flights for the US DOD.

ATNotts
12th May 2024, 19:50
Seems the most likely explanation. I only use FR24, are they "cloaked" across other flight tracking platforms as well?

treadigraph
12th May 2024, 20:09
Saw a National Airlines 747 on ADSB Exchange several days ago. Haven't been paying that much attention tho...

roger4
13th May 2024, 16:37
ADSB Exchange doesn't use FAA data, and therefore isn't bound by the requirement not to show "blocked" tail numbers. There are NCR, OAE and CMB aircraft showing up on ADSB-X right now.