PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Warning

MissChief
11th May 2024, 21:44
Folks, my advice for all on these pages is not to diss anything related to QR. Why? The Qatari airline will pursue you through the US courts, starting first with legal threats and then with legal action. The change of head of the company may have brought about a change of process, as my attack was from the Al-Bakr regime, a few years back. Nevertheless, caveat emptor. The same could apply to other such companies as SV, so best say nothing too critical. Just a warning.

TURIN
11th May 2024, 21:48
Why, what are they afraid of?

Youwish
12th May 2024, 07:08
I don’t care. Everyone is just waiting and giving them a chance.. if they pay everything back, stop stealing the overtime, reviewing the salaries as everyone else.. it will be a signal that the new management is actually up for a change. Otherwise, after 4 years you’ll read some fun news here!

GrahamO
12th May 2024, 08:43
Am I right in recalling that there was a similar concern over Etihad comments in previous years and there was a Sticky to that effect ? It doesnt seem to be there now (assuming it ever was)

Or was that another Discussion Forum ?

Travelbiz
13th May 2024, 05:48
What to expect from a company that fired more than 100 pilots over WhatsApp? Eliminate some to scare the remaining others, I guess nobody dares to join any WhatsApp group now, mission accomplished.
I think qr will never change, it has always been the last choice in the Middle East, only desperate pilots join, the smart ones are in ek or any other dubai based airlines, not to mention the lifestyle in Doha.

darkwingduck
14th May 2024, 15:01
Just beware that now those who have been in the company around 8-9 years are being INTERVIEWED. If they pass they will wait for the command course. I expect the upgrade times to go as high as 13-14 years soon. The company is upgrading just enough f/os to be able to say during recruitment that they do upgrade and policy is a minimum of 3 years blablabla… I personally do not recommend to join qr as an f/o.

Youwish
14th May 2024, 21:19
What to expect from a company that fired more than 100 pilots over WhatsApp? Eliminate some to scare the remaining others, I guess nobody dares to join any WhatsApp group now, mission accomplished.
I think qr will never change, it has always been the last choice in the Middle East, only desperate pilots join, the smart ones are in ek or any other dubai based airlines, not to mention the lifestyle in Doha.

let me guess, you have just been fired/got a letter/command delayed

Gordomac
15th May 2024, 09:21
Mischief tells us to be careful. Most ME pilots are now gagged anyway. Many in other countries too. I appreciate that no company wants it's dirty laundry out in the arena but why not ? Message to admin would be to clean-up. Blatant defamation,criminality, slander,etc, is something else and few of us would point that finger unless heavily backed and legally supported.

I think mischief just felt the need to warn but mods do that too.

I joined this forum in late nineties and loved one comment made by one pilot to another; " I think I know who you are and I think I know where you live"...................Blimey, scared me to death and stopped even reading for a while.( a week, I think.)..