PDA

View Full Version : LGKR Corfu Exec Terminal Fees - FRAPORT

stephenwilliams40
10th May 2024, 11:10
Once again FRAPORT has opened its GA Exec Terminal in Corfu Airport. Features are:
1- Mandatory for all aircraft exceeding 1,700kg MTOW
2- 2,400 EURO per passage regardless of aircraft size, weight, capacity or number of pax
So a round trip to Corfu in anything bigger than a twin commanche works out around 6,000 euro.
Have protested to Fraport, the Handlers, and EBAA about it, but no once seems to care about the abuse of a monopoly.
Only alternative is LGIO on the mainland, two hour taxi and ferry journey but cost about 200 euro instead of 6,000!

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/480x640/corfu1_6a2dd55845739dc530dc41b60ef614d4b37c84e2.jpg

FLEXJET
14th May 2024, 07:52
I agree this pricing is not justified. Also due to the average salary being low in that area (last time I asked it was less than 600 euros a month for a handler).

A disgrace.

Dont worry
16th May 2024, 07:58
What to say. BECAUSE THEY CAN.
It will ever be like this. Its Business Aviation. Starts with Handling, Catering, Maintenance and so on. Face it as long its not your own money.
And if its your own money, you can afford it or you just go somewhere else to get ripped Off.

stephenwilliams40
16th May 2024, 10:35
For clarity I would point out that this is not a complaint against the handling company who inform me they recognise and disagree with the Fraport terminal charge. The charge is described as “GA-BAT processing fee- per passenger carrying sector, 4,960 Euro”

Similar charges are also being rolled out in several other Greek airports including KGS and JMK.

The handling companies are obliged to collect the charge, and some do so without any additional disbursement supplement. However, in my view all the handlers should collectively take a stronger position against the airport authority and refuse to collect what seems an unfair and extortionate fee, being completely disproportionate to the number of passengers or size of aircraft.

It has been pointed out by another forum participant that FRAPORT do not list this charge in their currently published scale of charges; https://www.fraport-greece.com/uploads/page_art/0/241/Pricelist%20April%202024-%20CFU%20-%20ENG-1.pdf

Perhaps there are grounds to challenge it by reason of such non-disclosure but I am sure your aircraft will not be released to leave without paying it!

We and I suppose many other independent travellers are forced to consider Greece as an unwelcoming “no-go-area”at this time. The image attached has been redacted to remove the name of the handler, at their request.

EatMyShorts!
16th May 2024, 12:12
If passengers are able to pay for a private jet, such a charge should be no problem. Is it high? Yes! Is there any way around it? Yes, but only by avoiding these places.

Kyprianos Biris
17th May 2024, 06:55
It has been pointed out by another forum participant that FRAPORT do not list this charge in their currently published scale of charges; https://www.fraport-greece.com/uploa...0-%20ENG-1.pdf (https://www.fraport-greece.com/uploads/page_art/0/241/Pricelist%20April%202024-%20CFU%20-%20ENG-1.pdf)

Indeed but they have published relevant NOTAM's about it

A0847/24 - FOR OPR REASONS, ALL GENERAL AVIATION AND BUSINESS AVIATION FLT
OPR AT KERKIRA AIRPORT MUST OBTAIN A CONFIRMATION ON THE AVBL OF THE
GENERAL AVIATION AND BUSINESS AVIATION GROUND SERVICES FROM THE GND
HANDLING SVC PROVIDERS.
ALL CAT 1 REPRESENTATIVES, INCLUDING ALL GROUND HANDLING
SVC PROVIDERS OBTAINING A PPR, MUST OBTAIN A GENERAL AVIATION AND
BUSINESS AVIATION GND SERVICES CONFIRMATION NUMBER (GENERAL
AVIATION/BUSINESS AVIATION GSCN), AFTER OBTAINING THE PPR. 31 MAR 21:01 2024
UNTIL 30 JUN 20:59 2024. CREATED: 14 MAR 12:12 2024

GSCN NOTAM published:
A1635/24 - FOR OPERATIONAL REASONS, ALL GENERAL AND BUSINESS AVIATION FLT OPERATING AT KOS AIRPORT MUST OBTAIN A CONFIRMATION ON THE AVAILABILITY AND SUFFICIENCY OF THE GENERAL AND BUSINESS AVIATION GROUND SERVICES FROM THE GROUND HANDLING SERVICE PROVIDERS. ALL CATEGORY 1 REPRESENTATIVES, INCLUDING ALL GROUND HANDLING SERVICE PROVIDERS OBTAINING A PPR, MUST OBTAIN A GENERAL AND BUSINESS AVIATION GROUND SERVICES CONFIRMATION NUMBER (GABA GSCN), AFTER OBTAINING THE PPR.
28 MAY 02:00 2024 UNTIL 28 AUG 20:59 2024. CREATED: 10 MAY 11:35 2024

The below is a advance notice from GOLDAIR HANDLING - Basically they pre-inform on what's to come for Kos Airport, same with the case of Corfu.

Following the issuance of the above NOTAM valid from 28 May 2024 until 28 August 2024 (it will be prolonged until 15/10/24) regarding KGS airport, please be informed that the handling of all GA/BA flights’ passengers will be effected through an exclusive route outside of the main terminal building with separate passport control, x-ray screening and exclusive lounge area.
Therefore, an extra charge will be added on the above basic handling prices during the aforementioned period:
For Live-In/Ferry-Out & Ferry-In/Live-Out GA/BA flights the cost is EUR 2.000 per flight
For Live-In/Live-Out GA/BA flights the cost is EUR 4.000 per flight

FLEXJET
17th May 2024, 07:54
Such NOTAMs will not justify horrendous prices.

There must be some EU law about unfair pricing, perharps an aviation lawyer could dig further.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1410437777196&uri=CELEX:32005L0029

WanderingAround
22nd May 2024, 08:36
I agree this pricing is not justified. Also due to the average salary being low in that area (last time I asked it was less than 600 euros a month for a handler).

A disgrace.

So if the salaries for handlers go significantly up, you would be happy to pay the charge?

I am not entirely sure what the point of this thread is? That people who pay 500k€+ per year to have their own jet, crew, managment company and everything that goes with it, have to pay an additional 5k€ to reach their summer holiday destination?

To me it sounds like someone sold a charter flight and their pricing was slightly off and now they have to take a financial hit. If that is true, delete the photo of the invoice before some CAA nut sees it.

FLEXJET
22nd May 2024, 11:18
The point is to make the difference between a correct way of doing business and abusive prices.

The customer wants to understand what he/she is charged for, what he/she gets for the money.

And this is not clear at all for the Corfu FBO.

stephenwilliams40
23rd May 2024, 06:17
Because we may be able to afford to own and operate our private aircraft, and afford a home on a beautiful island, this does not mean we are content to waste or be fleeced of significant amounts of money that are out of line with value or the usual service charges in the vast majority of the worlds aviation destinations.

This new terminal charge has nothing to do with the handler salary. The handling company did not receive a cent of this fee 4,800 euro fee imposed by the privileged gatekeeper (FRAPORT) it being retained wholly by FRAPORT..

I can fully understand the gatekeeper seeking to recover investment made in an improved infrastructure facility. The argument here is that the mechanism for such cost recovery should be proportionately scaled to its use, and amortised over a period of time in line with usual financial/accounting practices. Right now the owner of a 1,999kg Seneca flying with his wife for a weekend are charged the same as 12 pax arriving in a 45tn Gulfstream. This cannot be a logical or fair situation.