PDA

View Full Version : Dave Fishwick Helicopter videos

212man
9th May 2024, 16:19
I'm sure many of you have had the misfortune of stumbling across Dave Fishwick's (he of the Netflix movie "Bank of Dave" fame) video reels on social media, and hurriedly moved on. His manner is an acquired taste, to put it politely, but each to their own and we are in a free society. However, I've just seen this one and it really takes the biscuit: https://www.facebook.com/reel/798205051924417?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V (not sure how to find the original) and can't go without comment!

Given that most of his audience are likely the non-flying public, he is demonstrating two cardinal sins of helicopter safety:

Walking close to the rotating tail rotor
Walking in and out of the disc while the main rotor is winding down

(Not to mention he is talking gob****e about the horizontal stabiliser keeping the aircraft straight when the TR fails, but that's not a safety issue)

If he is a frequenter to this forum, I politely suggest you delete this video, or if any private owners here know him they might like to suggest the same to him.

minigundiplomat
9th May 2024, 18:54
Last time I saw one of his videos it was a Robbie, so unlikely to be a long-running series.......

212man
9th May 2024, 19:11
Last time I saw one of his videos it was a Robbie, so unlikely to be a long-running series.......
Got a 206 now

Tickle
10th May 2024, 03:13
Yells, "This'll kill ya!" and then he runs towards the rotating tail rotor.

I saw his Cat A takeoff demo video a few weeks ago, thought he was quite a character.

I'm a 'non-flyer' and I thought the horizontal stabiliser was to keep the airframe attitude level during forward flight, and it is the vertical tail fin which would become so important during a tail rotor problem, as it weathercocks the airframe.

Nick Strange
10th May 2024, 06:56
Irresponsible to say the least, running around anywhere near the tail rotor sends completely the wrong message. As mentioned before standing and moving around under a slowing main rotor also displays complacency at its worst.
He really needs to have more respect.

Ascend Charlie
10th May 2024, 10:55
Such absolute horsefeathers.

Clearly has never had instruction on tail rotor problems, the B206 is one of the easiest to place carefully on the ground after a problem. None of this 60kt run-on garbage.

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
10th May 2024, 14:10
Bank of Dave was a good film and showed him to be a caring bloke. Perhaps he should stick with finance ?

NEO

206 jock
10th May 2024, 18:12
Unfortunately he has taken to re-releasing videos every few weeks, no doubt to keep the content 'fresh'. It just represents another opportunity for the curling of toes.

I am not sure what his objective is, if I were to guess it's that he wants to share his love of flying. But the execution is horrible.

Can we crowdfund a rotor brake for him?

stringfellow
10th May 2024, 18:46
Cut him some slack, ive lost count of the number of people who watched his clips and have since developed an interest in flying. He's just a bloke doing a bit.

212man
10th May 2024, 18:50
Cut him some slack, ive lost count of the number of people who watched his clips and have since developed an interest in flying. He's just a bloke doing a bit.
In general yes, but not for this particular video!

treadigraph
10th May 2024, 20:19
He lives on Whalley Road...

Robbiee
11th May 2024, 00:44
(Not to mention he is talking gob****e about the horizontal stabiliser,...

Ok, I just gotta know. What word is being censored here? I mean that's not even close to any trigger words I know. :eek:

11th May 2024, 12:56
Ok, I just gotta know. What word is being censored here? I mean that's not even close to any trigger words I know. :eek:

sh8te is what's missing - a very North of England term:ok: replace the 8 with an i

a gob****e is someone who 'runs off at the mouth' in American parlance.

212man
11th May 2024, 13:50
sh8te is what's missing - a very North of England term:ok: replace the 8 with an i

a gob****e is someone who 'runs off at the mouth' in American parlance.
true, but can be also mean what’s coming out of their mouth too.

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
11th May 2024, 14:47
AKA Verbal diarrhea................

NEO

Winnie
11th May 2024, 16:46
He posted one "Never been shown before on film!" of a 'rolling takeoff' in his 206.

perhaps informative (slightly) for the unwashed masses, but certainly nothing new.

nomorehelosforme
11th May 2024, 19:42
Just one clarification of Gob****e from an English Dictionary

noun. , Chiefly Irish Slang: Vulgar. a mean and contemptible person, especially a braggart. a stupid and incompetent person.

heliboy999
18th May 2024, 01:48
If someone happens to mention his dangerous attitude or actions on his posts, his army of fans mobilse and let rip in his defence. Shame, from many sources he is supposed to be a genuinly lovely guy but he is pushing faslehoods and dangerous info which undermines saftey.