PDA

View Full Version : Class One Expiry

PT92
8th May 2024, 10:29
Hi,

After a recent discussion with my AME regarding Class One validity, can I just double check what would be required if, for example, I haven't had my Class One Medical renewed for 2 years? I believe my AME was saying that anything after 5-years requires an 'initial' Class One medical again. So if I can avoid that, the better...

Thanks,

deltahotel
9th May 2024, 08:38
If your certificate expired more than 2 years before your application to renew it, the examiner will need to assess your aero-medical records before carrying out the renewal examination
If your certificate expired more than 5 years before your application to renew it then you will have to follow the same process as for initial issue

From CAA website

rudestuff
9th May 2024, 10:06
Let's be honest, anyone over 50 is going to struggle to get through an initial, I renew my CAA and EASA every 3-4 years just in case.

PT92
9th May 2024, 14:05
If your certificate expired more than 2 years before your application to renew it, the examiner will need to assess your aero-medical records before carrying out the renewal examination
If your certificate expired more than 5 years before your application to renew it then you will have to follow the same process as for initial issue

From CAA website
Perfect, thank you!