PDA

View Full Version : Hsc Math's, physics and english...

The Ox
5th Sep 2002, 11:05
Hi all,
Just looking for some opinions on the correspondence course,s available for Qantas.
I'd like to know how difficult the courses are, and whether it would be more benificial to do the Steven Holding course, and also how long the corespondence courses take to realistically complete.
Also has anyone found that there knowlage was tested in the final interview. Steven Holding say's he bases his course on getting through the interview, or at least relating it to jet operations.
I'd really appreciate any opinions...
Cheers.:)

SuPeRcHaRgEd
6th Sep 2002, 05:17
Hi Ox

I completed both Maths and Physics exactly 1 year ago with Dr Holding. The course was expensive but also very in depth and intense.
The good thing about this course is within two months you can have passes in Maths and Physics and have your application off to Qantas. I would imagine it would take you the best part of a year to do it by correspondence.
My application went off to Qantas the day I received the certificate and I'm still waiting for them to offer me an interview so there may be no urgency to complete the subjects so quickly.

:p

Bob Hawke
7th Sep 2002, 07:42
Also consider the Western Australia Aviation College at the Royal Aeroclub in Perth. Just did the course, and it is Qantas approved. 3 very instense weeks! You will not have time to scratch yourself, but they'll get you through (but not all), if you're upto the workload.

Accommodation is spartan, but adequate, you won't have time to admire the surrounds anyway. The good thing about it, it is over in three weeks, both subjects.

Just an option, to consider.

The PM
5th Oct 2002, 05:12
Bob,

How is Big Kev anyway? I did the March 2002 course. Agreed that it is one INTENSE course and that you DO have to work your arse off to pass it. How did you find Colonel Clink and Stalag 13 (thats the guy that owns and runs the Airport Chalets).I highly recommend this course to anyone, just remember to watch South Park, you will need it to relax and have a good laugh to take your mind off things!