PDA

View Full Version : Advice for getting a job in Asia

mariow321
6th May 2024, 05:55
Hello!

I am new here, been looking for a place on the internet to find some information. I am a Canadian pilot currently flying medevac with around 750TT currently flying a King Air 250. My spouse is from China and we are very interested in moving over to the region, not necessarily needing to be mainland China as jobs there are out of my league as far as i know. Does anyone have any information or tips on how to get these DESO jobs with Cathay/Singapore Airlines? In Canada we dont have frozen ATPL's as far as I know but im at the hours where i could write the ATPL exams. Would these exams be needed to satisfy their ATPL theory requirements? Also if there are any other suggestions or companies I could apply for over in Asia it would be greatly appreciated! Likewise If this goal/want of mine to work over there is ridiculous with my experience please say as well. If i need to work my way up into domestic airlines and get jet time I guess so be it.

Thanks,

A321drvr
6th May 2024, 08:42
Hi,

I think without an actual ATP and a valid jet type rating plus good time on type is next to impossible to land anything in the far east as an expat. However, your GA TP experience might come handy looking at jobs in Indonesia and PNG: mostly Caravans, L410, PC6, Twotters, maybe an ATR/DASH8 job pops up here and there. But again, with your experience you are competing with locals.

Cheers

jetjockey696
6th May 2024, 16:48
You can try SUSI AIR or MAF... both of these accept foreigners in Indonesia. Airlines wont accept any expats anymore... Government say so.

Rabbit 1
6th May 2024, 19:47
Foreign validation of your license comes to mind. In some places, if you turn up with only a CPL, that's all you will get from them in return.

Climb150
13th May 2024, 22:13
How much of your 750TT is King Air PIC?