PDA

View Full Version : Sabena at DHL(EAT)

rockon tommy
5th Sep 2002, 10:16
Interested to note that numbers of ex-Sabena aircrew appear to have at last stormed that bastion of DHL(EAT). Crews brought up on fine wine and cheeses have mysteriously decided to work all night flying containers, rather than collect 2/3 pay from Belgium Social Security. I hope their hearts are in the job, as I suspect that the positions they take will pass unemployment down the line to DHL associated companys.
Any chums got a view?

Bob Down
5th Sep 2002, 16:03
RT

The question is how many and in what positions, as it is not quite as cut and dried as it may appear.

Plus, there will be some 'fall out' as the tremendous stresses and strains of night ops and parcels take their toll on the shiny buttoned ones.

So, short term there may be an affect on the companies down the line, but the long term effect is more important, and that is affected by many other things, such as removal of the 72's, delivery delays on the 75's etc. As part of one of those companies, I am as concerned as everyone else, but I'm not going to make a judgement without seeing more evidence first.

There is a rocky ride ahead, for sure, but not all the blame of the ex-Sabena guys.

BD