View Full Version : Royal Brunei Air Force orders 6 x Airbus Helicopters H145M

chopper2004
3rd May 2024, 16:14
Talking of our H145M for our Brunei garrison,, here is another success for H145M, with Royal Brunei Air Force orders six airfrmes.

https://www.airbus.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/2024-05-brunei-orders-six-h145m-helicopters

cheers

Thud_and_Blunder
4th May 2024, 23:45
I wonder if they still have Loan Service QHIs... one less conversion course for them, if so. Must admit I'd much rather take something 145-sized into some of the LS than I would the S70... and skids would always be my preferred option too (except maybe the one on the rocks in the Temburong river near the research station).

212man
5th May 2024, 16:17
I wonder if they still have Loan Service QHIs... one less conversion course for them, if so. Must admit I'd much rather take something 145-sized into some of the LS than I would the S70... and skids would always be my preferred option too (except maybe the one on the rocks in the Temburong river near the research station).
Looks like it, complete with conversion to RBAF Ranks! https://www.mindef.gov.bn/airforce/Lists/Announcement/DispAnnouncement.aspx?ID=930&ContentTypeId=0x010400BAF12568FA394C4F9A0F1F682548D6C4

Reminds me of a visit on an open day to two of the RBN Fast Attack Vessels (Vosper Thornycraft, with exocets on the stern). The two 25 year old lieutenants I was talking to described a visit to a US Navy Base, as guests, where they were met with red carpet and lots of (bemused) scrambled egg wearing staff - because in the RBN their rank was Captain despite being two ringers (all three services adopt the Army rank terminology, despite using standard rank insignia).

Thud_and_Blunder
6th May 2024, 12:32
Ta for the link; it ain't the ranks that take some getting used-to (there was an army (AGC) supply ossifer there who had to wear Air Force uniform for his tour at the turn of the century), it's the weird salute. Always returned the one from any Gurkha the proper way round, though.

212man
6th May 2024, 14:12
Ta for the link; it ain't the ranks that take some getting used-to (there was an army (AGC) supply ossifer there who had to wear Air Force uniform for his tour at the turn of the century), it's the weird salute. Always returned the one from any Gurkha the proper way round, though.
More in line with standard US/UK Navy salutes, I recall.