View Full Version : Darwin for new pilots

777xpilot
3rd May 2024, 06:52
Hi all,

Is Darwin really the place for new CPLs to find a job? I have heard cases of pilots spending 6+ months there and having no luck finding their first job.

Thanks!

Pinky the pilot
3rd May 2024, 08:19
As the Movie Detective character of the 40's, Charlie Chan, would say;
"Correction please!"

having no luck finding their first job.

Honestly though; If you cannot get a basic English word correct........:rolleyes:

Yes, I'm feeling in a bit of a cranky mood!!!

aussieflyboy
3rd May 2024, 08:39
Perhaps the jobs haven't found the right Pilots.

down3gr33ns
3rd May 2024, 08:43
“Yes' I'm feeling …….” or “Yes, I'm feeling ……” ? Otherwise agree.

:) :).

Global Aviator
3rd May 2024, 13:14
Give the man a break.

Obviously had a few kicks in the nuts and is genuinely asking a question.

Yeah improper Engrish also pisses me of/off but I’m an old dude. Ya know what I have found recently though? Some words I can’t remember the tense or the spelling and I errr what autocorrect doesn’t help… If your a crusty one like me you’ll admit you’ve had the same.

Now back to the topic. Darwhine? Dunno I did it near a decent T20 cricket score for a bloke who’d faced 5 balls and smashed em all out the park.

What I learnt on my journey before Garmin was a word is that no place is perfect, all have challenges, however just be yourself and present.

Never a better time than now all around. If you are persistent and polite you will succeed.

Checkboard
3rd May 2024, 23:20
Darwin as a first job used to be (in my day) pretty much impossible. You might find a head office there and , if hired, then spen your time in an outstation - some community somewhere, but Darwin as a base was for the people who had "done their time". Darwin was your second job.

megan
4th May 2024, 03:06
Is Darwin really the place for new CPLs to find a job? I have heard cases of pilots spending 6+ months there and having no luck finding their first jobSIL arrived in Darwin on something like a 10PM airline flight from Melbourne with but a couple of dollars in his pocket, next morning walked the airport knocking on doors with suitcase in tow, had a job by 8AM and sent out to one of the communities. Now a Darwin based Embraer Captain. Never give up hope, even though this may be a one off story.

leocarp
5th May 2024, 04:46
Better off starting in smaller towns such as Kununurra and Broome. Don't do the GA ready if your sole reason for doing the course is to try to get a job out of that course. Darwin is full of pilots willing to climb over each other.

Capn Bloggs
6th May 2024, 00:27
Couldn't resist:
If your a crusty one like me

down3gr33ns
6th May 2024, 02:01
improper Engrish also pisses me of/off but I’m an old dude. ………………… If your a crusty one like me you’ll admit you’ve had the same.

“Yaw”, “yore” …….ah, “you’re”

​​​​​​​😂😂😂😂