PDA

View Full Version : Global Airlines A380 Prestwick

MichaelOLearyGenius
1st May 2024, 13:30
Ex China Southern A380, 9H-GLOBL, currently en route to PIK today. First A380 to land at PIK.

SpringHeeledJack
1st May 2024, 16:22
Yes, I noticed that and wondered what that was as it seemed to be flying quite low, at least for a normal Atlantic cruising level. Currently sitting on the ground at PIK. I'm surprised that that's the first visit for the type, I would have imagined that training sorties would've used PIK and SNN (for example)for BA and other euro airlines that flew them some years back.

treadigraph
1st May 2024, 22:50
, I would have imagined that training sorties would've used PIK and SNN (for example)for BA and other euro airlines that flew them some years back.
I think BA used Manston for sone of their early A380 crew training.

MichaelOLearyGenius
2nd May 2024, 06:08
Yes, I noticed that and wondered what that was as it seemed to be flying quite low, at least for a normal Atlantic cruising level. Currently sitting on the ground at PIK. I'm surprised that that's the first visit for the type, I would have imagined that training sorties would've used PIK and SNN (for example)for BA and other euro airlines that flew them some years back.

There was a fly by of one of the prototypes in Airbus livery about 10 or 11 years ago but it never landed. This is the first to land.

treadigraph
2nd May 2024, 07:18
There was a fly by of one of the prototypes in Airbus livery about 10 or 11 years ago but it never landed. This is the first to land.
Think that one did a fly by tour of all BAe's facilities didn't - vague recollection of it coasting in over south London on its way to Filton - or am I thinking of the one that came into Heathrow to trial the Code F upgrades?

wub
2nd May 2024, 09:09
It was F-WWOW, the A380 demonstrator that did the UK tour. Here she is at Edinburgh.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1508x1081/img_2814_d2b5012dc4673d82d1513bbabcc0eb71569f3f95.jpeg

SpringHeeledJack
2nd May 2024, 10:15
Lovely shot Mr wub. So, what's the plan now with said A380 ? Mx at PIK, or off to somewhere else ? Also, I was very surprised that CS didn't insist that their livery/titles were obscured.

DaveReidUK
9th May 2024, 06:54
Lovely shot Mr wub. So, what's the plan now with said A380 ? Mx at PIK, or off to somewhere else ? Also, I was very surprised that CS didn't insist that their livery/titles were obscured.

There's a prolonged debate about it in PPRuNe's Airlines, Airports & Routes forum.

My prediction, FWIW, is that the aircraft is going to end its days at Prestwick.

Twiglet1
10th May 2024, 11:12
Don't think your alone there Dave. Still exceeding expectations let's see!

SpringHeeledJack
10th May 2024, 17:58
There's a prolonged debate about it in PPRuNe's Airlines, Airports & Routes forum.

My prediction, FWIW, is that the aircraft is going to end its days at Prestwick.

​​​​​​​Thank you, interesting. Either this endeavour has a side to it that no one is seeing, or 'they' are incredibly naive to the huge operational coast already mounting at a rapid rate.

Liobian
19th May 2024, 12:00
AFAIK the a/c made the crossing from Montreal with landing gear extended, which presumably dictated the FL.